Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2017, 12:10 AM

Default Unsupported Audio Buffer Size Error ProTools 11 Win10

Hi, I am trying to open a newly downloaded copy of ProTools 11.3 on my computer running Windows 10 and am running into the following error:

"Your audio device is configured with an unsupported audio buffer size. Please select one of the following supported buffer sizes in the device control panel: 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048."

I opened audio settings in the windows control panel but there are no options to change buffer size. Clicking OK or More Info on this error message causes ProTools to close, and there is no way to access ProTools buffer size settings.

How do I fix this?

I have installed ProTools 11 under an iLok License which I was already using on my Mac. Everything else seems to be in order with installation except for this error.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Unsupported Audio Buffer Size Error ProTools 11 Win10

It sounds like you're trying to use your audio interface for both Windows and PT and that shouldn't be done. After you've de-selected for system use your audio interface in Windows Control Panel hold down the 'n' key on your computer keyboard when starting PT and you'll be able to select your audio interface.

Also make sure to turn off any power savings measures in Windows Control Panel for not only the computer but the USB ports as well.

QAPLA!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Unsupported Audio Buffer Size Error ProTools 11 Win10

And your audio interface needs to have its buffer set to one that Pro tools supports, at least my RME interface does.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction