Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 PM

Default deleting unused files

I opened up a previously saved session (was originally a ptf file but now saved a ptx file). I went to the clips list and selected all unused tracks and deleted them (it gave me a warning about deleting the file permanently for each track which was annoying?). I then checked in the audio folder of the session and the tracks I had just deleted were still there?

Also, say if I started recording new tracks in the same session and then decided not to keep them. Can I just close the session file without saving to remove the newly created audio files from the hdd or do I have to delete unused tracks again before exiting.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:05 PM

Exclamation Re: deleting unused files

Quote:
Originally Posted by anth View Post
I opened up a previously saved session (was originally a ptf file but now saved a ptx file). I went to the clips list and selected all unused tracks and deleted them (it gave me a warning about deleting the file permanently for each track which was annoying?).
You can hyold the option key when clicking on the button in this window to have that choice applied to the same question for the remainder of your operation.
Quote:
I then checked in the audio folder of the session and the tracks I had just deleted were still there?
If you selected and deleted the track, this would be expected. If you selected and deleted (not removed) the clips, then this is not right. Which did you select - the tracks or the clips?

Quote:
Also, say if I started recording new tracks in the same session and then decided not to keep them. Can I just close the session file without saving to remove the newly created audio files from the hdd
No.
Quote:
or do I have to delete unused tracks again before exiting.
You have to delete the tracks you do not want to keep, then select unused clips and delete the unused clips.