Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 PM

Default How many HD Accel users plan to run 11 with no hardware?

Sadly this board doesn't have polls, which would help get a sense of the numbers game here. Still, I thought I would take a survey.

I upgraded my PT9 HD2 Accel system to 10HD in Dec 2011 like many did. I took that opportunity to build a new machine, and run without Avid hardware. I've been very pleased with how this last 16 months has gone for the most part, and with increasing computer power on the horizon, I personally don't feel the need to ever go back to using Digi hardware of any kind. I have a large investment in my I/O (3 Metric Halo ULN8s), and I'm very happy with them. They also suit my business more than any Avid product since they go out on the road with me quite a bit. I'm sure the Avid hardware is excellent, I've enjoyed using Digidesign hardware since 1998. However, things have changed for me, so this new setup is ideal.

My business however requires the feature set in the HD software. It seems as if for now I'll be able to upgrade to 11HD, and continue to enjoy this workflow, seemingly with better performing software (I do have issues currently with large sessions). My big concern is being cut off from the HD upgrade path past 11, and Avid has so far been silent on this issue.

My question: how many of you HD Accel users plan to move to 11 without migrating to an HD native setup, or an HDX setup?