Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 10:29 AM

Default hey when u bought ur NTK

How did it come was it plastic wrapped? Did it have a serial number and stuff already inside the book and on the mic written by hand? I'm jus wandering cuz i think they sold me a used one. If so i'm gonna go back and shove it up the guys ass.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:35 AM

Default Re: hey when u bought ur NTK

I bought a rode nt1a recently and all that stuff was filled out by hand.

i don't think they make so many units that they can't do that.

bp
Old 03-07-2003, 11:05 AM

My NTK came in a cardboard box, plastic wrapped, with hand writting....
I read in a recording review that this is one of the ways that Rode is able to give such a killer deal on this mic - by saving money on the packaging...
You get a great mic in a very no frills - plain wrapped package - with no extras....
I would be supprised if yours was used. Your packaging sounds normal for that product to me.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:28 AM

I have heard from several friends that these particualr mics come packaged this way as well. Still, if you feel like you were sold a used one, go for it!! I don't know if that would be physically possible though. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

jt
Old 03-07-2003, 01:41 PM

My NTK came in a big, produced-for-the-masses box with the pic on it and all that (plastic wrapped). However, when I opened it, the manual and the mic had serial numbers hand-written. I don't think you'd need to worry about it, unless it came in a non-wrapped box which it obviously did not fit in.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:12 PM

I got mine in a similar fashion. Box was kinda beat up on the outside. But everything inside was in tip top shape. The mic was in it's bag wrapped in bubble wrap. The serial #s were hand written too. I think the best indication of it being used would be by looking how the cables it came with were packaged when you opened the box. Ususally when you first get something like this AND it's REALLY brand new, the cables will be wound up nice and tight with the "gargage bag" fasteners and it's pretty hard to replicate once you unwound them for the first time...at least for me it's hard! Hope this makes sense...

X
Old 03-08-2003, 12:15 AM

lol. another reason is cuz the top part of the box had a oval shape cutout in it that looked like it would be used for a handle but the bottom side had no handle. The boxes corners were smashed and stuff plus it had no plastic wrap. I guess it dont matter.

how do u tell if the tube is going bad on em?
Old 03-08-2003, 12:30 AM

When the high end rolls off and/or the tube becomes microphonic- you tap in the tube and it makes noise- that's aloha-time.

And yes, they have hand-written serial numbers. The little handle on the box isn't that useful, anyway. Who sold you your NTK so beat up?