Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2003, 06:18 AM

Default Serial number?

I have purchased a used Mbox. I bring it home a plug it in to discover I need software that I can only get by downloading from digidesign site. I don't have a serial number. I have contacted digidesign but no response. Any advice? Anyone?
Old 02-26-2003, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Serial number?

I would call up the joker who sold you the Mbox and tell him you need all the material that came with it. I am sure its like the 001 and you have to have the serial number thats on a sticker inside the getting started manual. Sounds like a shadey deal if all you got was the hardware.

Christian
Old 02-26-2003, 08:07 AM

yeah....what he said. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 03:16 AM

I don't get it though. Why can't you download the software if the only hardware it works with is digidesign. The software is useless without the hardware. The hardware is useless without the software. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 03:22 AM

Nobody said it had to make sense. Also you should obtain a transfer of ownership form(elsewhere on the Digi 'site here) and have the seller transfer your software to you. This way you retain tech support and are also made legal, registered owner of the product.

Here's what Digi sayith:

Used Registration

If you purchased a Digidesign system used, you will need to fill out a Transfer of Ownership Form. Registration entitles you to upgrade paths and service for your digidesign product. Please download and print this form and follow the same instructions listed above for new registration. (instructions included on the form)

If you are selling a used system, you should fill out the seller's portion of the Transfer of Ownership Form and include it with the sale. The Pro Tools license is included with Pro Tools core hardware systems and cannot be sold separately (this includes any upgrades to the Pro Tools software). If you sell a core system, the included Pro Tools license then becomes the property of the new owner, and all future update and upgrade rights are transferred as well.

Transfer of Software

For software to be transferred, all of the following conditions must be met:

The software must have been originally purchased from an authorized Digidesign dealer.

The software must have been registered by sending in either the software registration card or the purchase receipt for that software as outlined on our Transfer of Ownership form.

Software is not part of a promotional sales bundle.
Under the above circumstances (only) we will be happy to facilitate a transfer request.

Find it at Support> Customer Service> Registration and Transfers