Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2016, 08:01 PM

Default Haven't used my Avid account in a while

I purchased Pro Tools 10 w/the free upgrade to 11 back in 2012. I was using it until the end of 2014. I had an Avid account registered and everything licensed with my ilok.

Only reason I stopped was because my iMac at the time wasn't strong enough to run my East West orchestra stuff. Sure enough I recently bought a newer mac and was going to reinstall PT10 but I'm on OSX 10.10 and learned there's no compatibility with it. No big I just went back to my Avid and Ilok accounts to see if I can get the upgrade to PT11.

However I don't see my license or anything on my Avid master account. My iLok says I have it, and when I start up PT10 on my old iMac it tells me I have updates waiting. When I go to do that I have to log into my account that tells me I don't have any products.

I still have my Avid emails from when I registered Pro Tools 10 to the account I'm using back in 2012. Why are they not there? I hope that I didn't waste 600$ because it is somehow lost forever.

Just to clarify this is the same account I registered PT10 not a new one, my iLok is linked to it, I purchased it new from Musicians Friend back in 2012, and coming back to this same account it says nothing about the Pro Tools 10 I registered on it back in 2012.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Haven't used my Avid account in a while

Welcome to the community.

If this was a boxed copy of PT10 would not be listed in your Avid account (only software activated/redeemed online is found in there).

Please watch your email for a response to the case you started today, thanks!