Default Problem with sound after bouncing to disk from PT11; audio included

Hi guys, here's my setup:

Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.70 GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x
Pro Tools 11
32GB Ram
Komplete audio 6 interface, USB2
PT11 installed on 500 GB NTFS SSD

And the project in question is 48kHz, 24 bit, bounced to the same (and I get this problem with all file types and bouncing on or offline). I can't really describe the problem accurately; its sort of a high pitch resonance that I only hear after bouncing down out of PT11, it sounds fine while in PT. It always seems to effect the left channel far worse (switching monitors (KRK RP5s) doesn't help, so fortunately they seem to be fine). The uploaded audio files are me playing a recorded clip in PT, then what it sounds like after the bounce. I don't think I'm exporting at too high a volume, the second chord which clearly demonstrates the problem is at -15 on the master level meter. If I import the bounced track back into PT11, the problem disappears. Any advice on how to have my bounced files sounding as they do in PT would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the recordings that demonstrate the problem. I recorded them with windows sound recorder, I just put a condenser mic right up to the most offensive monitor:
Sample of recording in PT, prior to bounce: http://www.filedropper.com/inpt
Sample of recording out of PT, post-bounce: http://www.filedropper.com/outofpt
Old 03-15-2014, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Problem with sound after bouncing to disk from PT11; audio included

do you have it in surround mode?Someone else was having problems like this and I believe they were had surround checked on the second page
Old 03-16-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
do you have it in surround mode?Someone else was having problems like this and I believe they were had surround checked on the second page
Sorry, I feel stupid; the second page of what? Is it an option you get with non-HD Pro tools?

For what it's worth to anyone else with a similar problem, my computer engineer brother thinks my audio interface is broken in such a way that it manages to cause this problem only when I play stuff outside Pro Tools. Will be testing this shortly.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:27 PM

the second page in the bounce to disk mode has a setting for surround I think.?Also are you making an MP3..If so on the second page make sure your at 256 on your constant bit rate
Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 PM

I guess I'm missing something quite big. When I bounce to disk, I go to File -> Bounce to -> Disk... and the following window comes up:

Except of course it has the Windows border for me. But this is all I see, there is no second page with a surround sound option. How do I go your route? Thanks for your help by the way!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 AM

According to the image you provided, you are bouncing as a multiple mono file. Have you tried bouncing as a stereo interleaved file? Since you are not changing the sample rate or bit depth, rather than bouncing, why don't you try exporting the audio clips (in the edit window, on the list of audio clips on the right hand side of the screen, select the clip and left click (I think), and it should bring up a list of actions, including export clip). Try that method and see if the problem goes away. If not, it may be your interface as you suggested.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
According to the image you provided, you are bouncing as a multiple mono file. Have you tried bouncing as a stereo interleaved file? Since you are not changing the sample rate or bit depth, rather than bouncing, why don't you try exporting the audio clips (in the edit window, on the list of audio clips on the right hand side of the screen, select the clip and left click (I think), and it should bring up a list of actions, including export clip). Try that method and see if the problem goes away. If not, it may be your interface as you suggested.
Thanks for the advice! Turns out it was the interface after all. I'd have worked it out sooner if I didn't use a range of sample rates in different projects; eventually I realised that the problem only occurred after Pro Tools changed the Komplete Audio 6's sample rate to 48 kHz. Once I knew what to search for, I found other people complaining of the same issue, but I can't say for sure if its broken or just an accepted fault. Another mystery solved, all the same.