How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2017, 04:31 PM

Default Mapping Physical Input To New Track [solved]

Here's my scenario...

My session consists of 8 existing tracks. I create a new mono analog track that falls at channel 9 on the C|24. On the new track, I assign the input to A1. In order to adjust the gain for the track at channel 9, I have to use the gain pot that corresponds to channel 1 on the C|24.

To solve my problem and align channel controls to new track, I realize that all I need to do is drag track 9 to the track 1 position in Pro Tools. Is this the only way to align the new track to the physical channel? Should I be thinking about remapping the IO?

Thanks,
Mark.

PT 12.8.1 HD Native, Mac Pro Sierra, C|24, HD IO Analog 16x16, HD Thunderbolt
Old 10-25-2017, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Mapping Physical Input To New Track

You just need to get used to the fact that the input path and the monitor path where the track returns won’t always line up. This would happen in the old days with an analog console and a tape machine and you just kept track of it all. They call it work for a reason.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
You just need to get used to the fact that the input path and the monitor path where the track returns won’t always line up. This would happen in the old days with an analog console and a tape machine and you just kept track of it all. They call it work for a reason.

Thanks, Drew! I figured it would be one of those things. I had hoped that by magic the channel components would follow the track based on the input assignment. But I also realized that the connections (both input and output) are hard wired between my HD IO and the C|24 and it's not likely that there are internal switching matrixes in the C|24. I'm not familiar with the internals of either the C|24 or the HD IO. I do appreciate your philosophical view about work though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJP View Post
I do appreciate your philosophical view about work though!
I blame my mother.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.