Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Default Re: A List of Free RTAS Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
While I like free product as much as anybody, I have to take issue with calling Massey's plug-ins free.

What you get are demos that do not expire, but, as mentioned, are crippled in several ways.

But what is more to the point is that Steven is a solo run operation that makes fabulous product and at prices that are miraculous.

So I say let's support the little guys and if you like the demos, buy.

I am in no way affiliated with SM plug-ins. No way. But I do use them daily.
I agree, that rubbed the wrong way as well.

Steve's plugs are top notch and cheap! The Tapehead has been my constant companion since I bought it--it rocks! His EQ is killer, and the limiter . . . words fail me! I could go on. Yeah, support the little guy; his plugs are really worth buying after spending a bit of time with the demo.

That said, why bother with free plus when you can get PT8's plethora of new plugs. Free plugs are often less than stellar and bordering on useless, at least in my experience.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
While I like free product as much as anybody, I have to take issue with calling Massey's plug-ins free.

What you get are demos that do not expire, but, as mentioned, are crippled in several ways.

But what is more to the point is that Steven is a solo run operation that makes fabulous product and at prices that are miraculous.

So I say let's support the little guys and if you like the demos, buy.

I am in no way affiliated with SM plug-ins. No way. But I do use them daily.
I'll Second that!.. L2007 is a great peice of work and WELL worth the money.. even at current conversion rates.. (for me).

On another note, for those of you that are registered users of IKMultimedia, they re offering one plug-in for free as a Christmas gift... you get to select from a few and they are basic, but I like EQ's and you never know when the feebie just might be the sound you are after..

Peace! and Merry Christmas!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:23 PM

add these to the list

Digidesign: D-Fi Bundle (Lo-Fi, Sci-Fi, Recti-Fi, and Vari-Fi)
Digidesign: Maxim
Bombfactory: Sansamp PSA-1
Trillium Lane Labs: TL AutoPan
Trillium Lane Labs: TL Utilities (TL Metro, TL InTune, TL MasterMeter)
Studio Devil: BVC Guitar Amp

and along the same lines as Kore Player is Elastik Player by Uebershchall get this to go with it: Free Elastik Library
Old 12-24-2008, 07:32 PM

Massey DTM actually is free, but only if you buy one of the other plugins. Which you should of course!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Score. Post edited. My original intention with this list was to list free plugs that were:

1. RTAS
2. Mac Compatible
3. Universal Binary
4. Worth having

If in my mind, it didn't fit the first 3 categories, I didn't include it. The fourth is a bit subjective, so I wasn't too strict here. There are more and more coming out all the time but like someone said, a lot of them are kind of useless. I'll add the ones you guys mentioned to the list at the top when I get a second.

And you're totally right, all the stuff in PT8 is pretty much amazing. I REALLY like DIGI's inclusion of all the previously paid stuff like Maxim and Sans Amp and all that. That was a pleasent suprise to me after I installed the update. And the TL stuff is great! The auto pan sounds cool and the metronome is great. I never had a problem with the PT click, but the TL metronome does a lot of somewhat useful stuff.

Xpand2 is great, but if you never had the first Xpand try to find it because installing it adds all of those sounds to the soundbanks of xpand2.

Merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogeekzine View Post
add these to the list

Digidesign: D-Fi Bundle (Lo-Fi, Sci-Fi, Recti-Fi, and Vari-Fi)
Digidesign: Maxim
Bombfactory: Sansamp PSA-1
Trillium Lane Labs: TL AutoPan
Trillium Lane Labs: TL Utilities (TL Metro, TL InTune, TL MasterMeter)
Studio Devil: BVC Guitar Amp

and along the same lines as Kore Player is Elastik Player by Uebershchall get this to go with it: Free Elastik Library
Sansamp PSA-1...Extra doggie treats for that one. Nice find!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
On another note, for those of you that are registered users of IKMultimedia, they re offering one plug-in for free as a Christmas gift... you get to select from a few and they are basic, but I like EQ's and you never know when the feebie just might be the sound you are after..
Where did you go to find the free plug-in? I searched their site and couldn't find anything. Been a registered user for two years.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin7b5 View Post
Where did you go to find the free plug-in? I searched their site and couldn't find anything. Been a registered user for two years.
THE 1 MILLION INSTALLATIONS CELEBRATION

IK Million Dollar Software Giveaway!
For all of our loyal registered users, we would like to show our appreciation by giving them one free piece of software. You can choose one plug-in from any of the following:
Simply enter the IK User Area online, choose your free software, download it and start using it right away!

I had Amplitube LE bundled with my 002, last year they upgraded it to Amplitube 2 DUO and gave me Ampeg SVX UNO too.
I grabbed T-RackS 3 EQ with this offer.

I must say I'm not fond of this sort of "free" plugin marketing. It's a damn ad for the full version. You try making any changes to the small list of presets available and you get a upgrade popup. what a PITA!

The T-Rack3 3 EQ is the worst of these, its a lot of cpu (and latency if I recall) because its the full GUI of T-Racks with only the classic eq available. Yes I have 12 insert slots and only one effect to put in, nice! idiots.

HOWEVER, you do get the nice metering that T-Racks 3 offers so it is worth getting if you've already got the others.

The ampeg svx UNO is ok, works decent for making DI tracks a little more real. Not as good as the full version of course, you only get 1 amp, 1 effect, 1 cab and 1 mic.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
THE 1 MILLION INSTALLATIONS CELEBRATION

IK Million Dollar Software Giveaway! For all of our loyal registered users, we would like to show our appreciation by giving them one free piece of software. You can choose one plug-in from any of the following:

* AmpliTube 2 DUO - High-End Guitar Rig

* Ampeg SVX UNO - High-End Bass Rig

* T-RackS 3 EQ - Mastering Grade EQ

* SampleTank 2.5 SE - Powerful Synth Workstation

Simply enter the IK User Area online, choose your free software, download it and start using it right away!
Thanks! I have all of those except the T-Racks 3 EQ, so I suppose I'll give it a shot, although I wasn't a huge fan of the last version. The only IK plug I use on a regular basis and would consider buying is the SVX Uno. I think it sounds good and performs well. I have to admit though I'm curious about Sample Moog... I might have to test drive that one.