Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-17-2018, 11:17 PM

Default anyone using synthmaster?

how is it working for you?

i'm not having a fun time with this company. they wouldn't follow through with their own refund policy. They won't send me old version installer so I can get my sounds back in a project after a new version broke them (they weren't saved as presets but embedded in the session file). they released an update to fix the bug i complained about 10 months ago and now i can't even load the built in presets. not fun. https://youtu.be/JciPnfRZnRg

I'm really curious if it's unique to the windows aax version or happens on mac aax too.

the vst version has always been relatively fine.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:34 AM

Default Re: anyone using synthmaster?

Been using the original Synthmaster and Synthmaster One for ages on my Macs and no problems at all. Both aax in PT and au in Digital Performer.

May I suggest that once you get this straightened out you make regular backups for your system so that when things go sour you can recover. Also make backups of all program update downloads so you have them at hand and don't have to try and get them from the developer.

KV331 is a small company - I think it's just one person - Bulent.

QAPLA!
Old 11-18-2018, 06:56 AM

Coincidentally, Synthmaster is on sale for Black Friday. up to 69 percent off
https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=4508
Old 11-18-2018, 06:56 AM

I know Bulent and we have been on the beta team for many years so I will email him and see what can be done for you.

As Musicman said KV331 is a small operation even though a really effective and customer service minded one so I am surprised they have not resolved this yet.

There has been a few niggles over the years with thenstallers as it takes a little reading up to understand whats what and what needs to be updated and what is included in a installer but lately they have fixed most of these things.

We have used both their Synthmaster VI for a long time and never had any problems here on MAC computers but as we wouldn't use a WINDOWS machine for audio work here I can't test for you.

I will email Bulent and see if we can sort this out. They are here in Europe so I will hopefully have talked to him by lunchtime tomorrow.

Hang in there as their VI are worth it and now even many % off the MSRP too

Synthmaster One is the most used here as it sounds really different from our arsenal of VI and hardware synths.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-20-2018, 11:41 AM

There is an update for the original Synthmaster on their website - maybe that has fixed the op's problem.

QAPLA!
Old 11-20-2018, 06:18 PM

The current version 2.9.7 that completely broke it is what is on the website right now. The standalone and VST version works fine for me so I think it's installed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I know Bulent and we have been on the beta team for many years so I will email him and see what can be done for you.
I'd join the beta team if they need someone who uses Pro Tools on windows...
Old 11-21-2018, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbod0 View Post
The current version 2.9.7 that completely broke it is what is on the website right now. The standalone and VST version works fine for me so I think it's installed properly.

I'd join the beta team if they need someone who uses Pro Tools on windows...
2.9.7 is working fine for me on OSX 10.12.6
I just watched your video - are you double clicking on the preset to load it? Shouldn't have to do that as just single clicking should load a preset but it might be worth a try.

QAPLA!
Old 11-21-2018, 05:21 PM

I was actually double clicking. I just tried it again and found the issue with the FX is not even fixed. Maybe there was a mistake compiling, because this update was supposed to fix that..
Old 11-21-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbod0 View Post
I was actually double clicking. I just tried it again and found the issue with the FX is not even fixed. Maybe there was a mistake compiling, because this update was supposed to fix that..
What was the issue with the fx?
Why not try and uninstall Synthmaster, take a trip through the Windows Registry with CCleaner to clean out any remaining vestiges and reinstall the latest version?

QAPLA!
Old 11-22-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What was the issue with the fx?
doesn't let you change or reorder the FX. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPlNJwi9lnU

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Why not try and uninstall Synthmaster, take a trip through the Windows Registry with CCleaner to clean out any remaining vestiges and reinstall the latest version?
I actually 100% seriously did that just now just to humor you but it didn't help.

What would really help is if someone else could check it on Windows. Even the demo* has the same problem.

*popup text on the download link says 2.8 and the installer file info says 2.9.6 but it IS actually 2.9.7 when you check inside the plugin