How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 12:18 PM

Default New Virtual Instruments Forum

hello all,
im a forums worst nitemare, a virtual instrument newb with lotz of questions. i use hand controllers the play mostly drum and percussion but i wish to expand my playing knowledge to include tuned instrument sounds etc. i downloaded a bfd demo and got it installed on my os drive with the data on my firewire ext drive. my controller isnt setup correct for its settings yet but the kits in garageband correspond closely to my existing midi setup. i play the jazz kit here. the splash cymbal pad is playing a cowbell sound in this video everything else matched up.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1074833249

oh ya, my comp is a imac intel duo i got an mbox that still not setup, a motu express xt half/azz setup. i would like to discover which hardware/software offers the highest quality sound/performance. hopefully there exists a very user friendly(for dummies) option i can incorporate into my setup. thanx 4 any help
jeff