Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-02-2013, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Plugin alliance authorization (merged threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
(since they clearly weren't listening - at least to me - through "normal channels", and didn't intend to, according to the email).
It says above that the email contains a link to official support forms. Seems that would be "normal channels" for this particular company.

Quote:
Its great some of you guys like their stuff; again, totally totally great! I haven't been so impressed.
I'm confused. why keep buying if you know you don't like them?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
It says above that the email contains a link to official support forms. Seems that would be "normal channels" for this particular company.

I'm confused. why keep buying if you know you don't like them?
Sorry, didn't understand the first comment. I went to their website and submitted a support request. As fast as I logged out, the email I described landed in my inbox. It reads like a response to sending them an email to an email address they don't monitor but I didn't do that. All I did was submit a support request though normal channels and out came the "we're not going to respond" email.

As for buying more of their plugins, you are exactly right. I wanted to try their "Vocal Enhancer" because I've been working a vocal problem and I wanted to see if it would help. I haven't ended up using any of their stuff in the past after experimenting with it but I decided to take another chance since the price was cut in half. And, its not too great like all their other plugins (my opinion) so I wasted $100 and I should have known better. It won't happen again.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 PM

While trying to get into paypal at the PA site I accidentally purchased Brainworx V2. I wanted VSC-2. I emailed them Sunday and today they made the change for me. From my perspective they are very responsive and helpful.

And.... Maag EQ and VSC-2 are very fine plug ins. I've spent more time with Maag and it really is simple to get very good results.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
From my perspective they are very responsive and helpful.

And.... Maag EQ and VSC-2 are very fine plug ins. I've spent more time with Maag and it really is simple to get very good results.
I did activate all the 3 activations for MAAG when we first bought it by accident after changing computers in our Newly built second studio room and after I emailed to get help it took about 10 mins then we had 3 new activations no questions asked. Then in august we purchased VSC-2 which BTW is AWESOME (we have access to the hardware version) at like 5500 USD and this sounds great but something went wrong and we ended up with BX Saturator and they fixed that in 30 minutes a friday evening so we ended up buying the Saturator aswell and couldn't be more impressed with their customer support but for the people who experienced issues I feel for you and understand dissapointment, we have bought way too many waves plugins we don't like but they would never answer us for a swap so Cudos to PA from our view atleast, the activation this past friday however had us reeling for a few hours (9) but after we waited it worked and 6 plugins for the price of 3 is a great deal and even a 15% off on the 50% from Audiodeluxe didn't make it worse

You are gonna love the MAAG and The VSC-2! Those are superb!

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Rus5 I do want to at least acknowledge ur plight and say I'm sorry for my own reaction. If I had to do over I would not have suggested deleting ur post. U were clearly upset. Regardless I find the DUC to be such a great wealth of info and always shudder when anyone feels attacked. So for what it's worth, that's my thoughts!

Sent from my PT beating heart
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
Rus5 I do want to at least acknowledge ur plight and say I'm sorry for my own reaction. If I had to do over I would not have suggested deleting ur post. U were clearly upset. Regardless I find the DUC to be such a great wealth of info and always shudder when anyone feels attacked. So for what it's worth, that's my thoughts!

Sent from my PT beating heart
Totally accepted and appreciated - thanks!!!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Sorry, didn't understand the first comment. I went to their website and submitted a support request. As fast as I logged out, the email I described landed in my inbox. It reads like a response to sending them an email to an email address they don't monitor but I didn't do that. All I did was submit a support request though normal channels and out came the "we're not going to respond" email.
I've purchased in May/June a lot of PA plugins because they were one of the first companies that supported AAX 64 even before PT 11 official release. Due to some problems, I submitted support ticket as you did, got auto email with notice they will respond in a short time. I've learnt that "a short time" meant to be never in my case.

Plenty of AAXs choices these days so I don't need PA's support or plugins any longer.

From my experience, UA, Avid, IKM and Waves offer the fastest and the most reliable support.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 12-03-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denka View Post
I submitted support ticket as you did, got auto email with notice they will respond in a short time. I've learnt that "a short time" meant to be never in my case.
And you have never tried again..?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
And you have never tried again..?
Nope, solved a problem with next PA & Avid updates a month later. In the meantime I was using other available options for AAX64 and PA's few plugs only for mastering in Wl8 (VST) if needed. :)
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8