Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-09-2003, 03:04 PM

Default anybody in my same boat

I Do video post work. My rig is PT 5.0.1 beige g3 os 8.6 882/20 IO Mix card. I'd like to take out my adaptec scsi card and replace with a firewire card and replace my scsi drives with firewire drives.Any one done this and if you have what firewire card would you recommend.What potential problems might I encounter.I use this rig daily it's very stable.Would just like to get out of scsi land.Thoughts /suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Re: anybody in my same boat

I'm not in your same boat, but if anything I'd suggest getting a FW PCI card that Digi lists on their site for compatibility with the 002's and such. Check out this page:

http://www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/stg/fwcards.cfm

This is no guarantee that they'll work properly, but I figured it's probably a better bet then picking one randomly.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:42 AM

Default Re: anybody in my same boat

We put a MacAlly FW/USB card in a G3 box like yours and have used the Mbox on it with no problems also AMIII and Le 5.1. Both were recording to firewire drives. It was used for loading sounds from DAT and choping them up so no big track counts.