Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2023, 12:33 PM

Default Listen Bus for Pro Tools 11

Hello, I'd like to set up a listen bus for pro tools 11.
A lot of the instructions I found online are for new versions of PT with more options.
I know it's not complicated and just involves creating an Aux bus (or two). Curious about how you folks do it.
I just got some room correction software and it seems like that's the best way to apply the plugin.

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2023, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Listen Bus for Pro Tools 11

Typically, you would route all your tracks thru a stereo AUX track(or Routing Folder for newer PT versions), route this AUX track to your main outputs and insert your correction plugin on that master track(output). Then, when you bounce your mix, use the stereo bus of your AUX track as the Bounce Source(that way, your Bounce does NOT include the correction). For those like me that simply route everything to a Master track and main outs, we must remember to disable the correction before doing a Bounce.

An alternate method, trade the AUX track for an AUDIO track(still routed to the master/main outs) and name it 2Mix(or whatever) and keep this AUDIO track on Input monitoring for listening(working on the mix). When you are ready to output your finished mix, put the "2Mix" track into record and print your mix(then export the resulting audio file). Just remember to pay attention to details like sample rate and bit depth when you export

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave