Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 AM

Default Routing Audio Out of Transfuser Issue

I'm trying to route the audio from a specific module in Transfuser. Here's the set up:
Transfuser instantiated on an instrument track
3 modules instantiated within Transfuser with complimentary grooves
Modules 1&2 have their audio outputs routed to MAIN
On module 3, I selected Audio output 1
Set up an AUX track and selected Transfuser Audio input 1 as the audio input for the AUX track.

Problem: The audio from Module 3 is still go to the MAIN and is audible only on the Instrument track. NOthing is going to the AUX track. I can't figure out why. As far as I can tell, I went step-by-step to what the manual said for routing audio. The manual says that audio from a module will not go to the MAIN output if it is selected as the INPUT on a PT AUX or AUDIO track. But it is! I know I've done this in the past, but that was before the upgrade to IEP 2.0.

What step have I left out? Help!!

Old 03-01-2014, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Routing Audio Out of Transfuser Issue

Anyone?

Old 03-01-2014, 07:11 PM

Repro'd it here aswell on our Macbook Pro in the midi room and same routing errors happens to that system too

We tried on the Mac Pro in the main room aswell but my apprentices seem to have that working, they are gonna do some more tests so I will come back later tonight US time. It's 04:10 here in sweden so I will hit the sack within an hour or two at the latest but if we get anything from them I will post back again. The 2 guys are in the studio (which is located on my property) in front of my house which was an old Café pictured in the "we are here" link on my SIG that we rebuilt into a 3 room studio a.k.a "The Hobbit Lair named by another member here on the DUC LOL

So we are on it aswell.

Best Regards
Christopher

PS. I will PM you next week with a few links to some of the songs we are working on and some we done like you asked for a few months ago

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM

Hey, thanks Christopher! At least it's not just me. I'm on a Win-7 system. So it appears to be a bug in Transfuser itself. Look forward to hearing your tracks!

And thanks for helping out with this. All the midi routing works fine as far as I can tell. It's just the audio out assignment that doesn't.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:51 PM

Just a quick update on this issue. I updated from 11.1 to 11.1.2 today. However, that didn't fix the issue either. So, whatever the problem is, is must reside with Transfuser itself. Has anyone else experienced the same issue besides me and Christopher?

Old 03-04-2014, 08:05 AM

The 2.0 update now requires you to select the multiple output option in its setup window (at the bottom - you need flick the switch to the right) other wise it will push all audio to the main out. This was not the case in older versions and I nearly threw my computer out the window trying to fugure out what was going on until I read it in the manual.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 PM

Where in the manual was that? I read through the section on setting up audio out, but don't recall seeing that. I'm not in my studio right now and won't be til Friday. I assume you mean the Transfuser set up area that likes like the inside of a synth?

Old 03-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Okay, I looked at the manual online and, yes, there is mention of this in the section on setting up Transfuser. I think I missed it because I may have mistakenly been looking at the older manual and not the new one without realizing it (no wonder I couldn't find stuff!). And apparently the new manual only shows the new stuff, so you still need the other manual for all the features from before the update that are the same in 2.0. Here's what it says about the auxiliary outputs: :
Quote:
When switched On, all of Transfuser’s auxiliary outputs are re-routed to the stereo master output. This may be helpful when troubleshooting complex output routing scenarios, where many aux outputs are being sent to the host application.
In other words, "On" means the Aux outs are Off. Just the opposite of what you'd think it would mean. Who knew?!?!

One other little beef I have is that when you save a preset and name it, and later edit the preset, perhaps adding another module, or whatever, there doesn't seem to be a way to simply click on the old preset and resave with the new data. That will get things confused in a hurry! The page about saving presets doesn't really explain much about any of that either.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Routing Audio Out of Transfuser Issue SOLVED!!!!!

Okay, I think I've got this puppy licked thanks to drogan88. If you have Transfuser 2.0 (not the earlier versions), you need to open the Transfuser configuration screen by clicking on the little tool icon on the lower right of the Transfuser window. On that screen, which looks like the inside of a synth...sort of... Make sure the "Optional Aux Outs" switched is ON. The manual is a bit confusing as it says:
Quote:
When switched On, all of Transfuser’s auxiliary outputs are re-routed to the stereo master output. This may be helpful when troubleshooting complex output routing scenarios, where many aux outputs are being sent to the host application.
That sounds like it means that ON routes the sounds ONLY to the Main output. But that is NOT the case. ON means the Main Output OR a selected Aux output can be made active. OFF means ONLY the Main output is used. To get sound from a module to an aux or audio track in PT, you must make sure the INPUT on the aux or audio track is the same as the OUTPUT of the Transfuser module's output you've selected.

This switch was not present on the earlier versions of Transfuser. For some reason, the default position is OFF, so if you're having the same issue as me [Christopher..ahem!], check this first.

Christopher: I'll bet if you check the system where you said it did have the aux available, I'll bet you'll find the switch is ON, and its OFF on the others.

Donald M