Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 AM

Default Pro Tools LE Startup failure

Hi guys,

I've been having some problem for a week by now.
After I boot my MacPro, I can load up my Pro Tools LE 8.0.4. without a problem! But once I close the program, and want to re-launch it right after that - or even hours later - it won't load up! NOTHING HAPPENS.
The PT LE icon bounces on the bottom of the screen for a couple of seconds and that's it. The start up screen won't show up either. There's no sign of ProTools...but it's listed in the "Force Quit" window as a running process. (But it still won't load up no matter how long I let it that way)
Has anyone experience similar thing like this?

The only thing I changed in my system is that I installed a 2TB SATAII internal HDD and places 2TB of Sound effects on it. (I thought it's better to have 24/7 access to my library instead of plugging in my Ext. HDDs every time I need something)

Please help me if you can. Thank you very much in advance!
Old 09-18-2010, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE Startup failure

Btw, the OS is Snow Leopard 10.6.4. In case it's relevant.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:20 AM

The situation changed somewhat after I deleted the log files. Now it loads up...in 10 minutes! :-/
Usually it takes about 30 sec to start up and now 10 minutes. What the hell causes this thing?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM

I'm having the same problem. I launch protools LE (8.0.4) and it thinks about it for a few minutes, then the splash screen, then it thinks for a few minutes, then the open session dialog, then 10 to 15 minutes later, the session opens, but never really becomes useable (spinning beach ball). It WAS working fine... I changed nothing. Any ideas?
IMDB