Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 03:04 PM

Default psp vintage warmer is muddy....

I tried using psp vintage warmer as a master bus plug for mastering but it kinda sounds muddy.

has anybody used the mastering bundle from TC works? is it any good?

somebody told me that One could achieve mastering bliss using t-racks 24..how true?

any recommendations aside from waves?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: psp vintage warmer is muddy....

Hi Tedmod,

I'm surprised that you think that it sounds muddy...I'm actually tring to picture how "muddy " sounds. I would suggest possibly tweaking a little more before you move on. A lot of guys on this board, (including me), really love the vintage over the TC line.

Best,

Kenny
Old 09-07-2004, 10:41 PM

it's a matter of opinion which amount of "analog grit" sounds muddy - especially if one's used to the overly-clean waves sound which has no bite whatsoever. if something can be too transparent, it's waves' plugs.

anyway, there are so much tweaking options (you DID see the back panel of the plug, didn't you?) available within the vintagewarmer that i would say somebody has failed to tweak the plug properly if the master mix ALWAYS sounds muddy with vintagewarmer - or, there's something very wrong with the mix.

i had instant gratification from day one, even with the presets it offers. no mud over here...
Old 09-07-2004, 10:43 PM

Quote:
somebody told me that One could achieve mastering bliss using t-racks 24..how true?
somebody told you wrong seriously, t-racks plugs are just not good enough to be used in mastering. i actually wouldn't use them in the mix either. they are not "crap", but not very good either.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I tried using psp vintage warmer as a master bus plug for mastering but it kinda sounds muddy.
As mentioned above, tweak some more, learn how to use it properly, read the PDF if you have to. Remember that it will sound different on different types of mixes.

Quote:
Only as true as what your definition of bliss is. Your "master" is a good as your mix's weakest link. "Bliss" begins with a blissful mix. Short of that, yeah, you could say that T-Racks can create interesting results. Again, learn it and tweak, experiment, adjust accordingly, etc. That said, get your stuff mastered by a pro when finances permit.

Quote:
PSP Mix Pack
PSP Master Q

www.pspaudioware.com

Yeah, I guess I like PSP stuff, forgot all about Waves....
Old 09-07-2004, 11:28 PM

hat,
have you tried the psp delays? in mastering? you can get pretty amazing vibes by putting a psp84 into your master mix and using some presets having about 95-98% dry signal... the little delay it adds really widens the sound in a good way works for some material.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
somebody told you wrong seriously, t-racks plugs are just not good enough to be used in mastering. i actually wouldn't use them in the mix either. they are not "crap", but not very good either.
Oh me god,

there ARE some people thinking the same about it. YOu make me so happy JFreak !

Quote:
have you tried the psp delays? in mastering?
I personally thing these delays are top notch. the only rival being ohmforces ohmboys delay.

both sound great!

regs
Old 09-08-2004, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Sony Oxford Bundle beats Waves Hands down.
Well besides C4 perhaps.

(...and you don´t have to endure Waves stranges registrations and upgrade adventures.)

regs