Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2009, 05:37 PM

Default Re: I accidentally deleted coremidiserver.framework... what can/should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
The folder you are trying to replace lives in the System folder. If you have the System/Library/Frameworks/CoreMidiServer.framework (or CoreMidi.framework in your first post) on your backup you can restore it by dragging it from your backup to the System/Library/Frameworks folder. It should ask you to authenticate - enter your password. If it doesn't allow you to copy at all, you can add yourself for read/write permissions on the Frameworks folder under Get Info for that folder. You need to be very careful with this stuff, but since you're ready to reinstall everything anyway, you could give this a shot. After you copy, run repair permissions on the drive to fix the files you dragged in. I like the new topic.
I backed up the entire library folder to my hard drive recently and there is no frameworks folder in it... which leads me to believe it wasn't there before i installed protools, which would mean that before installing protools, Reason, Logic, etc. didn't need it to run. Needless to say I'm baffled by this. Also I did not delete the entire frameworks folder, only the coremidi server, so that would indicate there never was a frameworks folder on my computer...? Could someone explain that to me?

I'm running the combo updater as we speak, hopefully that works, although I have my doubts about it since I have OSX 5.6 and the latest update is for that version so it doesn't seem as though anything's been added, but we will see. Thanks for the advice :)
Old 03-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Default Re: I accidentally deleted coremidiserver.framework... what can/should I do?

Okay, so I got the combo updater you suggested, and it worked to an extent. VSTs such as my NI synths work fine now, but Reason gives me a message saying that the application cannot run because the midi library failed to open. Logic and Live freeze while scanning for midi drivers. Sorry everybody I know this was a big mistake on my part but I continue to appreciate any help anyone can give me...

I'm halfway there it seems, if someone can just tell me what this new issue is about, or direct me to forums that could be of better help? (since the problem doesn't really involve protools so much anymore...)
Old 03-30-2009, 12:54 AM

Run the Pro Tools uninstaller that came with your version of PTLE and do a clean uninnstall. That will remove any midi stuff that PT installed and clear up any remnants that could still be causing problems. Coremidi is part of the OS and was not installed PT or any other application. Try the Apple or Reason (http://www.propellerheads.se/forum/) forums - they might have a better idea of the specific startup errors/hangs you are getting in the other apps.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 AM

PC guy with a Mac here.

Can your just copy the coremidiserverframework file from another machine and just drop it in the right folder? it would be worth a try. I would assume that you would want to grab the file from a machine that had the same version of OSX as yours. Also you might check the Dev tools on your install disk. Installing these may reinstall the the coremidiserverframework for you. Just a couple of ideas. I have no idea if they would work.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
One other thing, you could try running the combo updater for whatever version of the OS you're on. They've updated coremidi several times over the years and the combo updater may replace what you've deleted. Easier than the alternative to try first.

I am wondering if this might help me, or cause me more problems...
I have a Mac Book Pro running Mac OSX 10.5.6 and a MBox2 Pro. I have ProTools 7.3.1 which I bought when I owned a PC (which died). I can't really afford to upgrade ProTools right now, but am using Sibelius, which opens uses the drivers for the MBox 2 to talk with my Synth. Trouble is, they are sporadically crashing the Mac. I have been trying to find updated drivers for the Mac, but have not been successful finding a page that has drivers on it for downloading.

Thanks,
Cicada
Old 03-31-2009, 03:08 AM

Cicada - No that won't help. With Leopard, you need version 7.4.2 or better with Pro Tools. There is a standalone coreaudio driver here if you if you don't have that version of PT:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navi...36&nStartAt=11
Old 05-23-2009, 02:59 AM

Question Re: I accidentally deleted coremidiserver.framework... what can/should I do?

do you still know where you deleted it from? because i put it on the desktop, but i don't know where to put it back. so i cant run pro tools anymore either..
maybe you can download the file from somewhere on the net??

good luck
Old 01-31-2010, 01:16 PM

Oops. It seems that I have done the same thing?

What did you do to get this to work? I need reason as well as sibelius and various other programs. Please anybody help me

Thanks!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 AM

Hello ALL please help ANYBODY! I have the exact problem (and share the same frustrations) that the original poster did way back then. TODAY.

I did the same thing. I don't use pro tools- but I used to- had LE and PT 8 on my MacBookPro (never used PT8). These days I use only ableton Live. I deleted the coremidi.framework folder because it just appears in my doc for over a year. Every time I open Ableton this thing starts bouncing. I was having some problems with a new plug and have always suspected this coremidi.framework folder may be the culprit as the only way I can ever get it to stop bouncing is a force quit. I used my finder to locate the actual folder, deleted it, and now I can't open anything. Even my interface (standalone) won't open. I tried a disk utility repair with my snow leopard install disk- no luck.

I am desperate because all I like to do in my spare time is work on music and I don't know anything about this tech stuff. It's been a few months since this thread started- can anybody please help guide me back to functionality?

Much much appreciated,

dan

MacbookPro/Intel 2.2Ghz/OSX10.6.8
Old 08-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Can anybody please help with me this? Someone on the mac os x audio forum recommends my reinstalling Snow Leopard. Thoughts?