Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2015, 06:04 PM

Default Bounced session full of wave files? No sound

I bounce this session several times. I bounced to track and bounced to disk. I bounced off line and in real time. The bounce looks correct. It makes the desired Wav and Mp3 files as usual. I email myself the mp3 to open with iTunes on my lap top to check the mix etc. I down load the Mp3 and it automatically opens with iTunes and plays..........well it should play. The Mp3 looks right. It shows 11 meg in size. It looks like it's playing but there is nothing. Is it because I"m trying to bounce wave files ? I recovered this sessions files ( PT6.9) and imported them to tracks in PT 11LE. I"m stumped. I've been bouncing without incident until this session. I forgot to mention that this is the first time that I also used a hardware compressor on master bus. Something is corrupt or maybe you can't bounce wave files to wave files ? I guess that might make sense. Maybe it will only bounce audio formats. Maybe the Hardware is causing trouble ? I just don't know much about the technical aspects...........Greatly appreciate any help.......peace out
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Bounced session full of wave files? No sound

Look at your "bounce source" at the very top of the dialog box and make sure it hasn't been changed. Might have made this goof a time or two, and you get a long file of nothing. It should be on the main L/R stereo output.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:15 AM

Thanks for writing..The bounce source says output 1/2 which is the main outs. You are right.....the file is a whole lot of nothing. What is curious is that it say it's just over 11 meg. That's a large Mp3 file full of nothing. Where is the 11+ Meg of data.

Last edited by sankstone; 04-17-2015 at 04:17 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-17-2015, 11:26 AM

Make sure your master track output is ALSO set to 1/2. See if that helps.