Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-15-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Tech Support Via Phone?

If I buy Pro Tools 7 LE will I get tech support? For how long?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Tech Support Via Phone?

Tech support is always free, except the long-distance charges if you happen to get charged per minute by your phone company. It's always free to email them though, there's a dedicated page on Digi's site for doing so.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 AM

The above statement couldn't be further from the truth.
Tech support by phone, aside from 30 days free after you buy a product, is FAR from free.
I think it's $3.00 a minute, up to a $75 maximum per event charge.
And if you want phone support on an ongoing basis, there's a yearly charge.
As to free email support, well...yes, but if you've got an issue, and a client breathing down your neck, waiting 3 days for an email response ain't gonna get it.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Yeah, well it used to be free, but not anymore! Why'd you pull up a post from April? Anyway, I believe it changed sometime over the summer, they even moved from a local number to 888/900 numbers.

For reference, here's the new Digi phone support info, including terms, prices and numbers:

ProAxess Line Support

and here's the Tech Support email form for those looking to get free support via email.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Improved tech support is needed far more than things like ADC but people don't seem to complain.
With most companies your registration info and verification determines your available methods of communication.
They could at least add a communication path from your "My Digi Account" for communicating about your registered products.
You rarely get more than call tech support as a reply to the tech support email, wasn't always like that but that's what it's now become.
Digi tech support seems far to similar to the WUP people cry about at Waves.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Old post aside, tech support via phone hasn't been free (outside the limited free period after a purchase) since I became a Pro Tools user, which was almost 4 years ago.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Phone support was not free when I first started with it 7 Years ago.
Purchased a new system 4 years ago and still was not free past the free phone support time.
Anyway...let's kill this post. I don't think this info is even needed anymore.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
The above statement couldn't be further from the truth.
Tech support by phone, aside from 30 days free after you buy a product, is FAR from free.
I think it's $3.00 a minute, up to a $75 maximum per event charge.
And if you want phone support on an ongoing basis, there's a yearly charge.
As to free email support, well...yes, but if you've got an issue, and a client breathing down your neck, waiting 3 days for an email response ain't gonna get it.

If you do this for a living/income or have clients, why wouldn't you purchase the 1 year of phone support for like $149 per year?

I asked Digi Design about the program and it's listed on their web-store.

There are different blocks of service you can purchase. I think $149 is a standard, then there is higher levels for faster SLA's, however, the higher sla plans are more money.

Wouldn't that make sense if you do this for a living, or make money from this? I wouldn't do business with a small business owner if I knew they didn't cover all their common sense business basics.

Please... thousands of dollars in equipment, paying customers... $149 per year... no brainer....
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR 4
Internal 2TiB SSD
Pro Tools 2024.3
EuCon 4.8.6.41 / 2023.11
UA Luna
UAD 11
UA Apollo Twin X
Avid S1 / Fire10 - 21.8.1.0
PreSonus DigiMax FS 8-input ADAT
Dynaudio Monitors
PreSonus Temblor 10 Sub

Check my Music out here:

Paul G YouTube

Paul G Bandcamp
Old 12-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Have you ever used the tech support via phone?
Seemed alot like calling microsoft to me... a bunch of steps I've already tried.. and then a final answer of well were working on this issue or must be something to do with your rig... sorry.
I wouldn't pay $149 a year for that. Maybe I just got a lame techy.
I've received better support and quicker from guys like slim shady and a few others on here.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:

Please... thousands of dollars in equipment, paying customers... $149 per year... no brainer....
True no brainer is to purchase it since you don't get your money's worth.
Makes no sense that a person with a mBox pays just like HD.
They need to update their support methods to address the LE systems compared to the HD systems, then become more efficient about resolving problems.
Emails get you a call tech support reply.
Calling tech support gets you a we haven't seen that or we are aware of the problem and working on it along with a bill.
The $149 simply gets you a free call to hear them say we haven't seen that or we are aware of the problem and working on it without additional billing.
As a minimal should improve either;
a) an 800# for tech support that prompts you for a s/n and ID
b) more realistic pricing tiers based on products
c) more functional tech support individuals

As it currently stands the only person who can benefilt is someone with user error, have a real problem and you're [bleep].