Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-30-2006, 10:05 AM

Default I cant get the Chorus Effect out, Please Help

HI,

I just bought the MBox 2 Mini and I'm having a little trouble, I started a session and everything was going fine then I put a chorus effect on one of my vocal tracks by going to Audio Suite-->Modulation-->Chourus and I picked the deep stereo chorus option.It put the effect on the track and that was fine. Now when ever I try to record a new track, as soon as I press the "R" on the next track I can still hear the Chorus Effect. I tried recording with it on any way though and when I played it back the the track was fine, there was no effect on it at all.

I have even tried starting a new session and when I clicked the "R" the effect was still there even though it was a new session. Can someone please help?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: I cant get the Chorus Effect out, Please Help

If you go to AudioSuite and apply an effect, it modifies the actual wave file. To eliminate that, you would put the plug-in in the Mix window, not through AudioSuite. Unless you have a backup file, you have changed the state of the wave file.

R
Old 11-30-2006, 01:15 PM

You're probably hearing the results of latency if you're monitoring the output of your PT rig. You're hearing the source AND the slightly delayed output at the same time. This is why, although many don't agree, I still use a traditional console, so I don't HAVE to monitor back off the PT output.....
Old 11-30-2006, 03:42 PM

Quote:
You're probably hearing the results of latency if you're monitoring the output of your PT rig. You're hearing the source AND the slightly delayed output at the same time. This is why, although many don't agree, I still use a traditional console, so I don't HAVE to monitor back off the PT output.....
Thank you for the feedback guys, As for the latency issue, do you have any suggestions on how to correct this at all?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:44 AM

I fixed it, I had the mix nob too high so I was hearing the source and the monitor audio at the same time, I turned the mix nob down and the monitor nob up and that fixed it.

Thanks for your help.