Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-14-2016, 06:43 PM

Default Eucon 3.4 panning window MC Control Unit questions

I have made a few observations so far and have a few questions, Maybe someone from avid can chime in here.

1-how do you control the right side of a stereo surround panner on the Artist MC Control? is it even possible? I have never been able to do so (since forever) and have never found any documentaion saying how to do this. Is there a way?

2- i am noticing with both stereo and mono panners where the knob controls are located( to the left and right of the main screen) when I touch and rotate a knob control they all snap back to their default position imediately upon release and the little panner ball does erratic things like snaps to the middle of the square... is anyone else experiencing this/ the only knobs that seems to behave properly are the lfe, and the link controls, however divergence, center control, front-rear, etc...are not responding correctly in the controller.

is the an Mac OS related issue or is this a Eucon related issue.

cheers
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com
Old 05-14-2016, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Eucon 3.4 panning window MC Control Unit questions

I'm also seeing the same behaviour on the channel strips on the mix unit...Pan knobs don't even work...
coryrizos.com
Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 PM

Go figure...the panning and pan parameter issue I was talking about disappeared...I had shut the computer down and after that everything was fine...

By the way I'm running the iPad app and eucon 3.4 on Mavericks and not on Yosemite as suggested by Avid. .. eveything appears to be working correctly.

Protools HD 12.5 with a native HD card on a late 2012 quad core macmini...
coryrizos.com

Last edited by Cryos; 05-16-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by info@syncmusic.es View Post
Hi, I cannot find eucon 3.4 download file on my avid artist account at http://euphonix.avid.com/ . Last file is 3.3.2 for mac. Where can I find it?

Thanks
Check now here: http://euphonix.avid.com/main.php. We added the installers earlier today.
Berkeley, CA
Old 05-20-2016, 10:42 PM

Am wondering the same thing, you can't seem to control the right side at all, unless of course the panner are linked, but if not, you can only control the left side. Strange huh? But the iPad Control App lets you do both. Why they didn't do a two up display on the Control when on a stereo track is beyond me!

Worthless.

But hey, at least after a decade the panner is SQUARE> Maybe another decade they'll make it usable!