Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2014, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Euphonix midi ports

For the record I have tried everything on the web.

Clear the pref cache.
Clear the midi pref cache.
Uninstall Eucon.
Downgrade to earlier versions.
Installed latest 3.2.1 (not sure the exact of the top of my head)
Turned off App Nap (with mavericks I used the terminal app to do it)
MC has a static IP and my NIC has a static and its on its own network not the main LAN.

Aside from the lack of midi ports showing up it also locks up (Eucon) and if it does not lock up and still works the screen on the MC locks and shows the last app only even thought he controls may work.

There is a lot of lack of support in programs for this but you can make the MC work and do it jobs with some tweaks and time to setup, so that's why I bought it. But having the software buggy just makes this not worth it at all.

We are so used to a plug and play world and we should be. Avid please fix this or the Eucon protocol will die a slow death as we migrate to other vendors.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:27 AM

I'm thinking about returning the Artist Mix as basically only Eucon works, and it only is supported in Cubase.

HUI protocol doesn't work at all (no Midi I/O at all with Euphonix MIDI port), MCU protocol works partially only (no usability of the shift and knob set buttons, no MCU display Line 2), and this only with ONE application as there are no Euphonix MIDI ports 5-32)

So the unit really is useless with this kind of software.

Avid, are you listening? You don't answer to support inquiries, too? What are your further plans?
Old 11-18-2016, 01:05 PM

Still dealing with this. Avid has acknowledged the bug and says they're working on it, but 3 years to fix it?

Anyone else going through this pain in the butt?