Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2017, 07:10 AM
malnushi

Default Re: Enough of Avid

I'm the same. I always find a bug. One day something will work flawless and then the next day one of my favorite plug ins will always crash pro tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
If I remember it correctly, he was using both DAWs for various things. He was a huge advocate for the editing in Reaper, specifically suggesting that it was much quicker than Pro Tools.

I wonder if there's anyone at Avid who is the least bit concerned that they are loosing people like Kenny (fairly well known, well respected both within the industry & on the forums, and who have been tremendously evangelical about Pro Tools), and what they plan to do to win them back?

Unfortunately I suspect that they don't really care that such people are now endorsing the competition, because Avid don't feel that the type of customers it brought their way were a significant revenue stream (Kenny's videos may have helped sell a few copies of PT, but they probably just made him some money from people who had already spent all the money they ever would with Avid).

I don't think Avid will ever do anything differently, until one of the major Hollywood studios decides to go with one of Avid's competitors during a re-fit (and that's not likely to happen in the next 5 years).

Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 AM
malnushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
I wonder if there's anyone at Avid who is the least bit concerned that they are loosing people like Kenny (fairly well known, well respected both within the industry & on the forums, and who have been tremendously evangelical about Pro Tools), and what they plan to do to win them back?

Unfortunately I suspect that they don't really care that such people are now endorsing the competition, because Avid don't feel that the type of customers it brought their way were a significant revenue stream (Kenny's videos may have helped sell a few copies of PT, but they probably just made him some money from people who had already spent all the money they ever would with Avid).

I don't think Avid will ever do anything differently, until one of the major Hollywood studios decides to go with one of Avid's competitors during a re-fit (and that's not likely to happen in the next 5 years).

Yeah I don't think either. Big production studios use pro tools and it takes time and dedication to use it. Unfortunately I don't want to spend my time and I don't have the dedication to master midi on pro tools

Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malnushi View Post
Unfortunately I don't want to spend my time
You're spending your time here right now, so you kind of have dedication...
Old 03-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Oh my God, we killed Kenny?
Wow. Aren't we having fun.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinstar View Post
quick question: which other DAW offers the same speedy audio editing workflow as pro tools?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Of course, all of them. PT have great ergonomics. I think it's simpler design is the best out there. And the image is crisp. Simple and concise. I like that I can mix directly on main page without feeling inconfortable. Also I like that everything is in plugin form, not embedded in mixer until it looks like a Christmas Tree. The sound is excellent also. There are a lot that can be done, but basically is ok as it is.

Last edited by saptezsapte; 03-14-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinstar View Post
quick question: which other DAW offers the same speedy audio editing workflow as pro tools?
Not one - that's why fewer and fewer people are using ProTools!

We too 'jumped' to Reaper a few years ago. Notation, flawless elastic audio, video editing, infinite routing, multi-channel output in any format, 500 FX, different file formats within one project, the list just goes on and on.

Maching ADR takes to lips movements in Reaper takes seconds. It's even faster than Nuendo, as you don't have to open an edit window. Three clicks, one move and you are done!

We still have PT, but given the latest news from the front, I can't see us investing in any upgrades ever.