Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2017, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Enough of Avid

I own PT vanilla, which does not include auto-crossfade, and so I consider it the worst of the editors I have used. So for me, almost any other editor is better. But Samplitude is my favorite DAW strictly for editing, with Reaper a little behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinstar View Post
quick question: which other DAW offers the same speedy audio editing workflow as pro tools?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 03:11 PM

Is this a "Pro Tools 12 discussion"?

So sick of reading seeing these damn threads at the top all the time. Here'a polite suggestion: all you whiners and moaners who want to use other software and other companies, just take your money elsewhere, join their forums, and leave the rest of us alone. We just don't frigging care.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:24 PM

I'm a licensed PT owner, and I assume you are as well. You have no more right to your opinions here than any other legitimate PT owner. So if you're sick of it, maybe you're the one who should take his attitude elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Is this a "Pro Tools 12 discussion"?

So sick of reading seeing these damn threads at the top all the time. Here'a polite suggestion: all you whiners and moaners who want to use other software and other companies, just take your money elsewhere, join their forums, and leave the rest of us alone. We just don't frigging care.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:47 PM

I am a HDX owner...

Old 03-08-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
quick question: which other DAW offers the same speedy audio editing workflow as pro tools?

I've used most every major DAW out there. When it comes to audio editing, (for me) Pro Tools is king.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-08-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I've used most every major DAW out there. When it comes to audio editing, (for me) Pro Tools is king.
That, and live mixing.

I have no problem taking Pro Tools on a live gig and mix it in front of audience, just like with an analog console. I can do whatever routing suits me quickly on the fly, despite having a mixer pre-built before the gig takes place. And I don't have to carry that +100kg desk

Only problem it is far too easy to just plug in something that isn't absolutely necessary...
Old 03-09-2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
I'm a licensed PT owner, and I assume you are as well. You have no more right to your opinions here than any other legitimate PT owner. So if you're sick of it, maybe you're the one who should take his attitude elsewhere?

I'd just like the "ProTools 12 discussion" forum to be about, er, ProTools 12, rather than Reaper, Studio One, Logic, Cubase, Cakewalk, Garageband.....too much to ask? Gearslutz is just one click away for discussions about other DAWs.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
i'd just like the "protools 12 discussion" forum to be about, er, protools 12
:) :) :)
Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 AM

Quote:

There are some pretty cool videos on youtube by a chap named Kenny Gioia that demonstrate the smart editing tool in Reaper. Speed is largely familiarity based I think, so it might be a little too far away from PT style editing to take your fancy.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:29 AM

I agree it's easier than a desk, but people do that with other DAWs. That capability is not unique to PT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
That, and live mixing.

I have no problem taking Pro Tools on a live gig and mix it in front of audience, just like with an analog console. I can do whatever routing suits me quickly on the fly, despite having a mixer pre-built before the gig takes place. And I don't have to carry that +100kg desk

Only problem it is far too easy to just plug in something that isn't absolutely necessary...