Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM

Default East Coast US Nor'easter coming

For all you PT'ers on the US East Coast looks like we're gonna get hit big time with a Nor'easter looking to make a late season appearance starting Monday night and on into Wednesday depending how far up the coast one is. NYC and Boston are under blizzard warning and here in NJ we're under a winter storm warning for 8 to 18 inches of snow. Not fun.

I used to like the snow at one time when I was a skier but since my accident in 1995 that took out a lot of functionality of both knees I can't stand the stuff. Knee braces for when it really hurts and I need to get around; not to mention pain if I play the drums for far too long. I walk constantly with a cane because I never know if/when a knee will give out.

So everyone out there - take care and don't drive if you don't have to.

QAPLA!
Old 03-12-2017, 03:35 PM

Default Re: East Coast US Nor'easter coming

Dang, Took my son swimming this afternoon and the house is being re stucco'd. Being in the 70's-80's is rough

Stay warm!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-12-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Dang, Took my son swimming this afternoon and the house is being re stucco'd. Being in the 70's-80's is rough

Stay warm!
I'll sure try. Got fuel oil in the tank for the heater and plenty of long underwear if the power goes out. Thankfully we have natural gas for cooking so I can work on the stove top. It's 29F as I type this. Taos is one place we've often looked at especially given the artist community. Wife paints (oils) and I've got the music.

QAPLA!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 PM

Talked to my grandpa earlier back in Ohio. Said its been cold, but they are not supposed to get much for snow there.

I avoid Taos at most any cost. I will just leave it at that

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
It's 29F as I type this.
Whoa? It was 10F this morning here, and we think the winter is almost over
Old 03-13-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Whoa? It was 10F this morning here, and we think the winter is almost over
You're heartier than I my friend. In my younger days I loved the cold and thought nothing of it. Now - not so much.

We thought it was over also as we'd had several days at 50-60F and even a day or two over 70F. Warm enough that our daffodils starting sprouting and blooming. We'd had a mild winter so far with maybe 5-6 days under 10F. Sure saved on the heating bill

QAPLA!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:03 PM

Update:
Trenton got lucky with only about 4-5 inches of the white stuff. Whole lot of sleet & freezing rain though which has made the streets slicker than snot. Thankfully neither the wife or I have to go anywheres. Got plenty of supplies of both the food and distilled variety (mostly Southern made). North Jersey I understand got whacked big time with around 2 feet.

Plenty of ********s out on their atv's in the streets (illegal here). Fun watching them slide around

QAPLA!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Update:
Trenton got lucky with only about 4-5 inches of the white stuff. Whole lot of sleet & freezing rain though which has made the streets slicker than snot. Thankfully neither the wife or I have to go anywheres. Got plenty of supplies of both the food and distilled variety (mostly Southern made). North Jersey I understand got whacked big time with around 2 feet.

Plenty of ********s out on their atv's in the streets (illegal here). Fun watching them slide around
Glad to hear you are OK as the first thing I though about this morning were you and your loved ones as the weather storm in the states where you are was in the news and it said over 120.000 households with no electricity and many people relocated due to no heat etc.

I am happy to see you are alive and kicking Jack

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-14-2017, 03:10 PM

Glad to hear you made out OK. Looks like the forecasters kind of over-hyped the storm.

Being without power is the worst. I had no power at my house for 10 days after Hurricane Ike hit a few years back. And it is still very hot/humid here in Sept. Lost 2 refigerators/freezers worth of food.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjslakeridge View Post
Glad to hear you made out OK. Looks like the forecasters kind of over-hyped the storm.

Being without power is the worst. I had no power at my house for 10 days after Hurricane Ike hit a few years back. And it is still very hot/humid here in Sept. Lost 2 refigerators/freezers worth of food.
Ouch!!

I should count myself VERY lucky then as we have only been out of power for 3 times in my life and that was approx 5 hrs each time due to unforseen snow on the powerlines screwing with the system so I really dont know how your situations feels to you but it can't be great, thats for sure

I pray for you guys who lives in areas where things like this happen and can happen.

MJS - 10 days without power and aircon in humid areas must be horrible. I get anxious when i get in any of my sportscars I race and have to turn off the aircon unit due to power (horsepower) loss

Anyway I will keep you guys in my prayers and hope this will pass quickly.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————