Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Default Vantage plan and 003 Need Help

I need to find out who I should contact about my issue here

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=314940

I am sorry if this is not the place for this but I know way more people and Avid CS are in here. Also maybe some else has been through this. Sorry again for posting this here, but I think it is something people should know about.

Thanks

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com
Old 01-05-2012, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Vantage plan and 003 Need Help

Any opinions on the verbiage? Am I wrong to be a bit unhappy? Any thoughts appreciated, how do you interpret the verbiage?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Optional Avid Vantage Hardware Coverage

Avid Vantage Members will have the option to purchase Avid Vantage Hardware Coverage for Audio Interfaces or Pro Tools|HD on qualifying Avid hardware products (“Covered Avid Hardware”) for the duration of their membership. Coverage is provided for a fixed term of one (1) year. Covered Avid Hardware is limited to:

Mbox (third generation), Mbox Mini (third generation), Mbox Pro (third generation), Eleven Rack, 003, 003 Rack and 003 Rack+. Each optional $29 Avid Vantage Hardware Coverage for Audio Interfaces covers a single Mbox, Eleven Rack, or 003 interface.

Pro Tools|HDX (when available), Pro Tools|HD Native, and Pro Tools|HD systems. Each optional $299 Avid Vantage Hardware Coverage for Pro Tools|HD covers a single Pro Tools HD system with up to three cards and five associated Avid hardware interfaces.

Covered Avid Hardware must be registered with Avid. Avid Vantage Hardware Coverage provides following benefits:

Hardware Replacement Advance Exchange

Purchasers of Avid Vantage Hardware Coverage will receive no charge Hardware Replacement via Advance Exchange. When submitting a claim for a registered Covered Avid Hardware unit, Avid Vantage members may opt to receive a replacement unit or part shipped in advance of Avid receiving back the faulty unit or part. Avid will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure dispatch to customer within two business days (excludes weekends and holidays). If advance replacement units are shipped internationally, customs and duties will be paid by Avid. Advance replacement units and parts may be refurbished or remanufactured products, and may have cosmetic imperfections or otherwise not appear as new products.

A request for a replacement part that is accepted by Avid manufacturing after 3:00 pm local time will be considered a request made on the next business day. Certain geographical locations and/or customs restrictions may delay delivery.

Failure to return the faulty unit or part within 21 days of shipment of the replacement unit or part to the customer ("the Return Period") will result in Avid invoicing the customer for the full retail price of the replacement unit or part.

Units or parts returned to Avid outside the Return Period will be credited at Avid’s sole discretion and, if a credit is agreed by Avid, this may not be at the full invoiced price. Avid reserves the right to suspend advance replacements where there are outstanding invoices relating to units or parts returned outside of the Return Period.

Where a unit or part is returned as faulty to Avid but no fault is found, Avid reserves the right to charge the customer a freight and handling charge.

Advance Exchange does not apply to expendable components and is void if the product serial numbers have been removed from the product. Avid has no obligation under its Advance Exchange policy to repair or replace products damaged as a result of (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) improper or unauthorized use or repair, (iii) Customer fault or negligence, (iv) natural or manmade disaster, or (v) causes external to the products including, but not limited to, exposure to moisture, extreme temperatures, power outages, or other Customer site conditions.

If Avid cannot repair or replace a product covered by Advance Exchange, Avid will refund the amount shown on your receipt for the product. These are your sole remedies under Advance Exchange.
Orlando FL. USA

Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Bump, anyone? Avid? The ARS won't even call me back..... What gives?

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM

Talking Re: Vantage plan and 003 Need Help

FYI, Avid called me and a new 003 console with return shipping label for old unit sent next day (today). Shows out for delivery. Thank you AVID for making this as advertised!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Vantage plan and 003 Happy ending!!!

Received a new 003 overnight with return shipping of my faulty unit pre paid by Avid. Up and working great. A big thank you to Avid and the CS that took the time to take the time to make it happen!! It is a new form of support, I hope the guy on the phone didn't get flogged to bad He was a really cool guy. Thanks again!!