Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 AM

Default HELP: Error -1146

Okay, this is my first error problem after moving up from OS 9. Still pretty dumb in all aspect.

Setup:
PT 3HD Accell PCIe, 1 96 I/O, Sync I/O, PT 7.3.1cs2
MacPro 2.66, 2GB (4x512MB) RAM, OS 10.4.9

Just finish installed it in the last two days. And everything just work flawlessly until last night.

This morning when we try to start the Mac, the status light (on top of the power button) just lid steadily but the display went back to sleep. Holding the power button it then shutdown. Push the power again and it then restart normally.

Try to start the ProTools upon loading the DSI, "DAE error -1146 was encountered"

Have try all the suggested debugging procedure but still no result. Already done all this:

- Restart all over again
- Digitest -- same result DSI error -1146
- Trash all the prefferences and libraries
- PRAM reset
- ProTools reinstall
- OS-X repair/reinstall (not yet clean install)
- Repair permission

have search the DUC for "error -1146" but found mostly are related to MDW plugins whom I don't have.

Still holding for :
- Card unplug and OSX clean install -- its too cumbersome.

Please help. Thanks a lot.

Mac Studio Max M2 (2023), 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.4, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, Sonnet TB2 III-D, Avid HDX 2, Sync X, MTRX Studio, Trinnov D-Mon, JBL 708P, 705P & JBL 3635 (Atmos HE 7.1.4)
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Avid

Default Re: HELP: Error -1146

Hi Bokir,

We recommend you remove all cards and flex cables from the system and then install JUST the HD Core card. If the problem persists, move the HD Core card into a different PCIe slot. If the problem goes away, add one Accel card to the system at a time. This should help you determine if you have a defective card.

regards,
Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Okay,

Finally have found the culprit. It was one of the Accell Process card.

So, how long until I can get the replacement? I really need all the HD3 power for upcoming work.

Anyway, thank you for your prompt and continuing support.

Mac Studio Max M2 (2023), 32GB RAM, Ventura 13.6.4, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, Sonnet TB2 III-D, Avid HDX 2, Sync X, MTRX Studio, Trinnov D-Mon, JBL 708P, 705P & JBL 3635 (Atmos HE 7.1.4)
Old 09-12-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hi Bokir,

We recommend you remove all cards and flex cables from the system and then install JUST the HD Core card. If the problem persists, move the HD Core card into a different PCIe slot. If the problem goes away, add one Accel card to the system at a time. This should help you determine if you have a defective card.

regards,
To Avid Tech Supp: i have two large HD systems and can tell you from agonizing experience that -1146 errors can actually come and go randomly with no determinable cause. If ONLY they were absolutely repeatable!

I am currently reorienting the systems for different use and two previously working systems are now dead of 1146. Each one will need the test-every-item procedure, and likely with indeterminate results. The amount of work to get two HD6 systems up is insane. What is particularly frustrating is that Digitest NEVER catches these failures, and I mean never. 0%

I am a long-time engineer in computer design so I know that even the cleanest gold edge connectors can occasionally mate with enough resistance to exhibit a failure. It'us maddening! I recommend hand cleaning all cards' edge connectors with doxit gold or equivalent, and seating them each twice, gently. There are literally thousands of connector fingers in an HD6 system and it takes only one to crash it.

With luck, six to eight hours will result in two working systems.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:06 PM

Hi Everyone. Now I'm having this error. It is not the Accel cards because I removed them. And I dont want to move the Core card to another slot because if I do, I get another error like "Check your cables TDM etc".

I have disconnected the USB hub.

Hi Artysan; do you think doxit gold helps?

Why do we put up with such blatant instability with these AVID products? Such interference with our creative flow.

PT10HD on HD Native PCI
192 I/O
Windows 7

Reason 9.5 / Pro Tools 10.3.7
SPL Crimson