Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2023, 12:18 PM

Default Re: ProTools 2023.12 available for download on Avid site:-)

They really didn't offer monitoring for 9.1.4 systems? Not having live re-renders was something that annoyed me, especially as someone who relies on a 7.1.4 re-render to monitor the Audiomover's Binaural plugin for Spatial Audio. That alone is keeping me with my current external renderer configuration. There's likely a way to send the 7.1.4 monitor output to it, but since I'm on a 9.1.4 system none of this really matters.

This feels so rushed out, like Avid didn't really think of it's users working in Atmos, specifically the music mixers. I know a lot of people who are running 9.1.4 systems...
Old 12-13-2023, 02:16 PM

I don't do Atmos so not concerned about that stuff. Were any ARA bugs addressed (fixed) in this release? Tempted to download and install....

edit: I see these

ARA

Clip which is overlayed by its copy will no longer lose Melodyne edits upon importing the track with these clips to a new session (PT-313335)
Fixed an assertion which could occur after undoing the import of Melodyne track via Import Session Data and attempt to import it again (PT-312704)
Commiting a mono track with Melodyne ARA and a mono/stereo plug-in insert will now properly create a committed stereo track and not mono (PT-312390)
Melodyne ARA edits will be preserved upon importing a Melodyne ARA track created from Export Selected Tracks (with Force To Target Session Format selected in the Import Session Data) (PT-312352)
Misleading session notes about lost Melodyne ARA edits will no longer be posted if the user imported some tracks with corrupted Melodyne ARA edits into a session and chose to re-open the session without saving (PT-311186)
Melodyne MIDI notes visualization will now be correctly drawn on a clip after it has been copied to a different track via drag n' drop (PT-306365)
Simultaneous import of clip groups, one of which contains clips with Melodyne ARA edits, will no longer result in Melodyne ARA plug-in assigned to tracks created from a clip group which didn't contain clips with Melodyne edits (PT-315658)
Clips with Melodyne ARA data will no longer be saved into a Track Preset with the 'Include Audio and MIDI Clips' option disabled (PT-315479)
Saving a Copy of the session with the 'Selected Time Range Only' option will no longer save excessive Melodyne ARA data for clips outside of the selected time range (PT-315442)

www.sugarhillstudios713.com

Last edited by s.d. finley; 12-13-2023 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:29 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songster View Post
Marianna,
Thanks again for all your help. Quick question ... do you know if they fixed the drag/drop clip problem in this update?
Nick
Nick,

there were 6 drag and drop related issues fixed in this release... do you know the bug # for it?

Drag and drop improvements for Sketch

MIDI stays MIDI when dragging a clip from Sketch Window onto an instrument or MIDI track in the Edit Window​

Pro Tools renders the signal chain for clips being dragged into the Sketch Window (Clip Gain, Clip Effects, EA, Fades Plug-ins, etc.)​

Then.........
Melodyne MIDI notes visualization will now be correctly drawn on a clip after it has been copied to a different track via drag n' drop (PT-306365)

Corrected an issue resulting from importing session data via drag and drop (PT-311684)

Fades are now handled correctly when drag and dropping clips from the Edit window to the Sketch window (PT-312756)

Elastic Audio Pitch is now rendered into the clip when drag and dropped from the Edit window to the Sketch window (PT-312018)

Happy to look further but need more to go on...... my brain gets overloaded. :)

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 12-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Avid

Great location to check what's in 2023.12

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...-Release-Notes

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 12-13-2023, 02:36 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
Marianna, I'm sorry to ask this basic Dolby Atmos question, but I've just come from Nuendo to check out PT's new internal renderer and I can't see how to add multiple beds (and I can't find it on the manual). Can you point me in the right direction?
Sure. Just go into Setup>I/O. In the Dolby Atmos tab, click “Create Path”, and you will have the ability to add extra beds. Dolby Atmos only supports a total of 128 channels, so you may need to delete some objects to free up enough channels first.

HTH - and thanks Avid engineering for this answer too.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 12-13-2023, 03:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
Something's really broken with backwards compatibility to external atmos renderers.

There was the thing with the subpaths that someone earlier mentioned. That right there is a no go for me and most people.

Seems like there are also these weird clashes happening between binaural settings in the io window, and those in the dolby plugin. Why did you decide that having those settings in the io window was a good idea by the way? Ask any atmos engineer, and most will tell you that they make binaural setting decisions in realtime during live playback.

Also, the IO window for external renderers is totally janky. It tries to add new outputs in the output tab and by doing so, removes existing output mappings. If you're doing anything more advanced than using Dolby Audio Bridge, you're looking at hacks and workarounds to get anything going. Didn't used to be that way.

Then when I did finally get things connected, the first old session I opened shot a feedback loop through my speakers.

Love what you've tried to do here, but you've quite severely compromised the core functionality of what used to be the best Dolby Atmos integration in the game.
Hey there audiogamble...

Can I get some specifications on your setup please ---- Can you export and send me the PIO files, so we can make sure we account for their setups?

my email is - [email protected]

we want to get on this asap and see if there is an issue brewing.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 12-13-2023, 03:05 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwaidu View Post
Right, the subpath thing I mentioned is a big problem. I didn't even check binaural settings behaviour much yet - are the IO setup settings overriding external renderer settings? The (typo-ridden) manual section mentions "pulling" some settings from an external renderer if necessary, but it wasn't updating the bin settings to the IO Setup tab at least for me.
Hey there Skwaidu. - Like I asked audiogamble......

Can you export and send me the PIO files, so we can make sure we account for their setups?

Love to get exacts from you and anyone else experiencing this and gather your details for a possible repro attempt.

you can post here ir email me directly.....

[email protected]

thanks all...

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

Old 12-13-2023, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Hey there audiogamble...

Can I get some specifications on your setup please ---- Can you export and send me the PIO files, so we can make sure we account for their setups?

my email is - [email protected]

we want to get on this asap and see if there is an issue brewing.

Marianna
Will do. Thank you.

I'll note, today I've been working on my ITB editing/session-prep setup. Everything seems to be working normally using Dolby Audio Bridge. In my main 7.1.4 studio we send to an RMU computer over MADI, which is where I was experiencing all these problems. I return there Sunday and will see if the issue persists, and will send as much info as I can.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
Nick,

there were 6 drag and drop related issues fixed in this release... do you know the bug # for it?

Drag and drop improvements for Sketch

MIDI stays MIDI when dragging a clip from Sketch Window onto an instrument or MIDI track in the Edit Window​

Pro Tools renders the signal chain for clips being dragged into the Sketch Window (Clip Gain, Clip Effects, EA, Fades Plug-ins, etc.)​

Then.........

Corrected an issue resulting from importing session data via drag and drop (PT-311684)

Fades are now handled correctly when drag and dropping clips from the Edit window to the Sketch window (PT-312756)

Elastic Audio Pitch is now rendered into the clip when drag and dropped from the Edit window to the Sketch window (PT-312018)

Happy to look further but need more to go on...... my brain gets overloaded. :)

Marianna
Hi Marianna, I don't know if you can help but I've still got a drag and drop problem when dragging audio from the clip list. I click on a file and drag it onto a track but as soon as I release the clip it disappears. This happened in 2023.9 and also 2023.12. No problem at all on earlier versions. I know another user had similar problems with 2023.9 but otherwise its not been reported as far as I know.
I'm now back on 2023.6 as I really need this feature to work.

I suspect its a Windows / Graphics issue but I'm surprised its not been reported more.

Regards Ian

Windows 11 latest update
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Radeon RX570
32 GB RAM
Old 12-13-2023, 06:05 PM

Hey all,

Diving in. Using Melodyne via ARA2 (finger crossed) and when I change the pitch I still hear the original so I get a chorusing effect or if I tune a large range I easily hear two pitches. Its like there's a wet/dry set to 50%. User error or something amiss?

Thanks!