Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 06:07 AM

Default 003 install not working

Hello,

I'm looking for some guidance to see if anyone has experienced the same problems with their 003.

I recently upgraded my home studio to a Digi003 with PTLE 8.0.3. (Please note that it was working perfectly with a 002R on PTLE 7).

I'm running Windows XP (now with SP3) on an HP xw4600 with 4 GB of RAM. (using the approved 2 port PCI-express SIIG 1394 card)

First Problem:

I couldn't get the device to install. Windows failed to see the Digi 003 despite the fact that it powered on fine.

It turns out, that it wouldn't see both the Digi 003 and my 1394 HD at the same time. I had to remove the hard drive. (Plugging in both at the same time causes one not to be seen). I haven't resolved this of course, but removing the HD did allow me to get the system to see the 003 so that I could continue with the installation.

Second Problem(more of an annoyance).

It took EIGHT attempts for the installation to succeed, despite the fact that I followed the process to the letter.

Third Problem:

After rebooting the 003 would go into a state of working and upon launch of the application I would get a 1113 error that the hardware was already in use.

I resolved this. It turns out that Neurotron AudioScore was attempting to hijack it. Disabling the task was able to free up the access to the driver, and would allow PTLE to launch.

Fourth Problem(still stuck here):

I finally get to the login screen, thinking I might have the chance to finally record something. Nope. Upon project selection, I get a Blue Screen of Death.

DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It's calling out the portcls.sys file which is actually an onboard audio driver.

I spent some time ratting through forums. I've updated pace drivers. I've updated firewire drivers, etc. Nothing changes.

If I put my 002R back on the system with PTLE 7... it works FINE.

I even put in a new harddrive with a fresh installation of the OS.. same result. I work at a facility that has several test stations specifically for Avid. I decided to go in and test it on our machines. Out of nearly 30 qualified systems... it would only install on 5 of them. There was no rhyme or reason that was immediately evident based on what little documentation there are of compatibility specifications.

It's now Sunday, and I've been at this all weekend, and needless to say it's quite exasperating.

After working with the new hard drive in my system.. I'm not even getting to the project selection screen anymore. It's stuck at Creating DAE Objects. I've decided to try to install PTLE 7 with the 003 drivers to see if this has any change...