Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2000, 01:36 AM

Default DigiDesign 001 for Windows 98 (And Other Questions)

Hello everyone. I was wondering if/hoping that you could all answer a few questions for me:

1.)Do any of you know exactly when DigiDesign 001 (Power Tools LE) is expected to be released for the Windows 98 platform?

2.)Do any of you own any of the Roland VS recorders? And if so, how do you feel that the DigiDesign 001 system compares to the VS recorders? I currently own a VS-840EX, and I am thinking about selling it and purchasing the DigiDesign 001 in its place (but I have to wait until it is released for Windows 98!).

3.)How many effects does the DigiDesign 001 system come with? What, exactly, are those effects? Are they decent effects? Are the effects as good as the effects on the Roland VS series (which, in my opinion, are very good)? Included effects are very important to me.

4.)What is the cheapest that you have seen the DigiDesign 001 system sell for new, and where did you see it?

That's about it. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Joe Bonomo
Old 04-15-2000, 03:18 PM

Default Re: DigiDesign 001 for Windows 98 (And Other Questions)

You may be waiting a loooooonnnggggg time for a Win98 version. I have been waiting with money down for 4 months. the expected release date has been pushed back with no assurance that it will not be pushed back again. I'd love to tell you what all comes with it but I can't because I don't have it...
Old 04-15-2000, 03:33 PM

$899 cheapest I've seen.
Old 04-15-2000, 07:17 PM

<<1.)Do any of you know exactly when DigiDesign 001 (Power Tools LE) is expected to be released for the Windows 98 platform?>>

Looks like they're saying next month now. But, you don't really know until it's out, I guess.

<<4.)What is the cheapest that you have seen the DigiDesign 001 system sell for new, and where did you see it?>>

Pretty much any store you walk into on the face of the planet has it for 899 now. There was a place online that had it for 865, but I can't seem to find the link anymore. I just picked mine up at the guitar center for 899. This was a month ago, so I'm hoping I can get the 98 version soon.

Heath

Old 04-15-2000, 07:26 PM

Hi Tom. Bottom line is you'll never get product management to commit to a date. They have good reasons for doing this even though it's a hassle for people like yourself that need to plan. If we do commit to a date and then at the eleventh hour discover a nasty bug or a serious compatibility problem, we're then forced to move the date back. So you can see that it's a no win proposition for Digi to commit to specific dates. The beta program is going well so far. Development for the PC is like walking a mine field though; there are few standards when it comes to PC architecture, yet everyone who buys one will expect it to work no matter what kind of PC they happen to have. It's much more difficult than a Mac release and even Mac hardware (these days) is like a trying to nail down a moving target. I know all you want is a date so you can plan. You have to do what's right for your business. I'm optimistic based on what I've seen that the release will be in the spring sometime. (but don't quote me ;-).
Tom S.
Old 04-15-2000, 07:33 PM

oops… I didn't mean to post that whole thing up there.

My previous post was actually a response I got from tech-support about a month ago. It was in response to a rather frustrated message that I posted commenting on the release date change.

Sorry for quoting you Tom.

We are all looking forward to seeing the win 98 version released. I hope it’s soon.