Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: final mix

From the ML9600 Manual page 35.

6.1A ADVANTAGES OF CD24
· Allows low-cost, random access storage, playback, and delivery of high-resolution audio files.
· Allows inexpensive backup of audio recorded to the internal hard disk.
· Allows easy transfer of files to computer-based editing and mastering systems

Masterlink operates exclusively with AIFF files up to 24bit/96khz. Even their session backups are AIFF files that can be imported directly to PTLE. Redbook is the only logical exception. Only downside, it does not recognize CD-R/W. I have lots of shiny silver coasters if anyone is interested

As for the HDCD capability of my multidisk Denon stereo CD player, I have no idea what it entales. Never seen an HDCD and probably never will. I bought the unit because it has WAV out and SPDIF I/O as options and almost 4 hours of uninterupted play time. Not to mention it sounds killer through a pair of 6' tall Martin-Logans with a 200W sub split off of it