Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-10-2000, 04:42 PM

Default i really hate oms, help please?!?!?!?

ok.
i spent all day one sunday afterrnoon plugging in the names and kits to my xp-30 into the oms set-up.
well, thanks to an extension conflict, i had to re-install my OMS. In the process, i lost all that i had entered. Is there anyone or anyplace out there that has an OMS kit for the xp-30?
please oh please help me.

------------------
Old 04-10-2000, 06:08 PM

Default Re: i really hate oms, help please?!?!?!?

Ouch! I feel your pain.

I have a patch set for one of Roland's earlier models, the JV-50, with an expansion board. It's got a bunch of the 1080 sounds. I don't imagine my file would work for you, but if you want to try it, let me know...
Old 04-10-2000, 08:04 PM

Although I don't own an xp-30 or have ever tried to configure one into the OMS Setup application, I do own several midi components and have been running OMS, etc. for a decade plus some change. Through this time period, I have upgraded OMS and the applications that rely (reside) on it-several times, without any trouble re-accessing my OMS Setup Profile and without ever re-entering anything unless I have changed the configuration.
If your original OMS Setup Profile still exsists, the information is still there and all you will need to do is let OMS find it.
Assuming the file still exsists, place it in the same folder and at the same directory level as your OMS Setup application. Launch an OMS application and you'll know right away. If the application launches, even OMS setup, without asking you to re-enter your midi configuration all over again, your old setup profile was found, is intact, and accepted by OMS.
Good luck & happy recording!
Old 04-11-2000, 07:53 AM

The problem is that the OMS system doesn;t have a config file for the XP-30. I had to use a 1080 as a template before for me to manually type in all the info, and even then, i couldn't access my performance kits or my rhythm kits because it wasn't a true OMS setup for that model.

Ask around or if you know of ANYONE who might be able to help.
OPCODE hasn't helped me at all with this, which is why i'm really not liking the OMS S**T.
Old 04-14-2000, 06:20 PM

i'm gonna try this again.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THE SOUND SET FOR A ROLAND XP-30 for OMS??????
does it allow the performance sets and the rhythm sets to work??