Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 AM

Default 1394 Light not WORKING!!! light not coming on at all HELLLPP

We are seeting up a digi 002 rack in my house and we set it up it was working fine. Left for 5 min came back in the room and a error meesage came up that said the 002 rack was disconnected.. Nobody touched anything. Now the 1394 light in front of the rack will not come on at all. i unplugged the firewire and reset all the cables. Turned off the rack restared my comp, Still No go?!?!?! I dont get it everything is connected the same way. The computer see when i turn the rack on and off. And I still dont get any respnse from my 002 rack.... now i am stumped.... Anybody have any ideals why this is happening? Pls I need help!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:11 AM

Default Re: 1394 Light not WORKING!!! light not coming on at all HEL

2 words for you. POWER HARNESS. It is a known and very common problem with the 002. I recommend trying another firewire cable as they do go bad but, the harness is likely the trouble. Sometimes, just reseating all the connections inside will get you up and running again and DIGI is very good about providing free replacements to registered owners beyond any warrantee period. If you are not the registered owner(like you bought it used) I have a few harnesses from a batch of DIGI parts I got from a defunct DIGI service shop and can sell one of $25 shipped anywhere in the USA. BTW, one of the dead giveaway clues is constant clicking from the unit.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 AM

years ago I had the power harness issue. i got the repair parts from digidesign and everything was fine. But last night, a new problem. The firewire connection from the computer to the rack 002 became unstable, or intermittant. Luckily I got it to hang on and we did the session. But now i am very concerned. At first it said device removal error, when the computer lost contact with the hard drive. i tried to restart my session and it said protools hardware not available. I started swapping cables and realized that my 1394 lights were not lit even though everything was connected. When I first inserted the cable to the rack 002 it would light and then go out shortly there after. I was very close to making an emergency rental when sudden;y it decided to work. Thank God for small miracles, but now what? Anyone else have a flaky 1394 jack? BTW both jacks seemed to behave the same way. FIrst a light and then nothing. Sometimes relighting after cable jiggling.
remember, if it don't work just jiggle it.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 PM

FWIW, I have had a firewire cable fail for no apparent reason so I always keep spares on hand (www.cablestogo.com)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subcinco View Post
years ago I had the power harness issue. i got the repair parts from digidesign and everything was fine. But last night, a new problem. The firewire connection from the computer to the rack 002 became unstable, or intermittant. Luckily I got it to hang on and we did the session. But now i am very concerned. At first it said device removal error, when the computer lost contact with the hard drive. i tried to restart my session and it said protools hardware not available. I started swapping cables and realized that my 1394 lights were not lit even though everything was connected. When I first inserted the cable to the rack 002 it would light and then go out shortly there after. I was very close to making an emergency rental when sudden;y it decided to work. Thank God for small miracles, but now what? Anyone else have a flaky 1394 jack? BTW both jacks seemed to behave the same way. FIrst a light and then nothing. Sometimes relighting after cable jiggling.
remember, if it don't work just jiggle it.
this sounds like a core audio/wave driver problem. Happend with my 002.

make sure your system prefs do not allow the 002 to handle system/non PT sound as it will randomly disconnect when switching between attached clients