Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Avid

Default Re: Eucon 3 - have to reinstall each time to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
Reinstall every day? More like every 5 hours for me. I have an MC mix running on Logic 9.1.8.

This is totally BS.
See post above yours. Did you try this?
Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 AM

I have exactly the same problem with both my Artist controllers and Pt 10.3.6 and 11.

Stopping and starting Eucon in the system preferences window fixes the issue, but has to be done at every bootup.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:16 AM

Hi, for what it is worth... I had a similar problem after installing 10.3.6 and 3.0 on Mac with 10.8.3 and Transport. In my case the self assigned mac key commands would still work, but all Eucon commands had vanished. (so I could assign the play/stop button to spacebar and it would work, but I could not assign it to the Eucon/PT play/stop command because there were no eucon commands available)
After re-installing all worked normal again, ever since.

But I thought I'd post this cause it might help Avid allocating the problem...

Dan

PS also, the transport display would say pro tools but would not display the counter when a session was open. (obviously before re-installing i tried to switch off/on eucon in peripherals)
Old 07-23-2013, 02:59 AM

I have the same issue and I have to stop and start Eucon everytime that I start the computer.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Avid

We have some additional questions, some of these may seem redundant or simplistic however they will clue is in to the root issue that is causing the startup failure.

1. After rebooting and before starting ProTools, or any other DAW, is the MC_Client application running on your system?
- Use spotlight to open Activity Monitor.
Search for "MC_Client".
- If not there make sure the drop down next to the search box is set to "All Processes" before answering "no").

2. Is EUCON configured to start automatically on system boot?
- Go to System Preferences, EUCON. There's a button next to the "Delete" button, does it say "Start" or "Stop"? (NOTE: Start means that EUCON does NOT start automatically, Stop means it DOES start automatically)

3. Do you launch EuControl manually after a reboot?
- If yes to 3., do you start it before or after launching ProTools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 AM

Hi,
I installed PT11 yesterday and now I have the same. (before with eucon 3 and PT10 it worked fine) My Eucon software is (auto)started when I power the Mac, my normal sequence is: first mac, wait till Eucon software is ready, power on Transport, wait till it is ready, then launch PT10. This was normally the most reliable way of getting it to work.

I went to system prefs, stopped eucon, waited, started eucon, waited 5 minutes, and concluded it is going to stay saying "starting eucon apps"

Immediately after boot in the activity monitor I see EuconStart and EuControl running. MC client is running as well.

This time I stopped and started the Eucon services before launching PT, but same result, it hangs in "starting eucon apps"
Activity monitor shows Euconstart but no mc client or eucontrol.

Restart again, now the control panel hangs immedately (starting eucon apps) but transport works in finder but not in pt. (well, actually if you assign the spacebar to a transport key it will work, but all eucon PT commands are gone from the soft key commands)

Cold start of everything, but control panel hangs. Cant stop it. Transport works in finder, but not in PT.

Guess this is the moment for a fresh install of eucon, but got to get back to work now, so maybe more tests later...

Assuming this will help Avid solve this problem...

Good luck, let me know if you want me to do any specific tests. Ill do them as soon as i have some time
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDaniel View Post
Hi,
I installed PT11 yesterday and now I have the same. (before with eucon 3 and PT10 it worked fine) My Eucon software is (auto)started when I power the Mac, my normal sequence is: first mac, wait till Eucon software is ready, power on Transport, wait till it is ready, then launch PT10. This was normally the most reliable way of getting it to work.

I went to system prefs, stopped eucon, waited, started eucon, waited 5 minutes, and concluded it is going to stay saying "starting eucon apps"

Immediately after boot in the activity monitor I see EuconStart and EuControl running. MC client is running as well.

This time I stopped and started the Eucon services before launching PT, but same result, it hangs in "starting eucon apps"
Activity monitor shows Euconstart but no mc client or eucontrol.

Restart again, now the control panel hangs immedately (starting eucon apps) but transport works in finder but not in pt. (well, actually if you assign the spacebar to a transport key it will work, but all eucon PT commands are gone from the soft key commands)

Cold start of everything, but control panel hangs. Cant stop it. Transport works in finder, but not in PT.

Guess this is the moment for a fresh install of eucon, but got to get back to work now, so maybe more tests later...

Assuming this will help Avid solve this problem...

Good luck, let me know if you want me to do any specific tests. Ill do them as soon as i have some time

+1
Same exact thing here in one of our studios.
Using an Intel Mac - PT 10HD with latest software on both.
PreSonus 1824c
Faderport 16
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12
Studio One 6.5 Pro
Logic Pro X
Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 AM

I also wanted to say we're using the Artist Control and Artist mix together.
We've had it running and it's awesome when running.
No so awesome when not running.
PreSonus 1824c
Faderport 16
Studio One 6.5 Pro
Logic Pro X
Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
I have exactly the same problem with both my Artist controllers and Pt 10.3.6 and 11.

Stopping and starting Eucon in the system preferences window fixes the issue, but has to be done at every bootup.
Same here. Just installed 10.3.6 on my iMac and Artist Control stopped working with Pro Tools but works with iTunes etc. Very aggravating.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 AM

I lost my soft keys this morning and had to reinstall to get them back.
This happened when I switched projects. I only had page 1 and page 2 of soft keys. When I hit restore I lost all pages but the first.
Don't know what to make of it
PreSonus 1824c
Faderport 16
Studio One 6.5 Pro
Logic Pro X