How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2014, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Tracks/Songs - Post 'Em Here

hello again fellow 11R fans,
finished recording my first full track using pro tools and the 11 yesterday..well when i say finished i mean unless anyone feels like helping me get a better mix with a few tips or suggestions :)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...ongID=12852677
m-audio audiophile 24/96 soundcard
intel core i5 4440 3.1 GHz quad core CPU
asus B85M-E Motherboard
corsair vengeance 8GB DDR3 RAM
seagate barracuda 2TB 6bp/s HDD
thermalright 140BW true spirit CPU cooler
samsung dvd writer
corsair CX600 PSU
Old 07-13-2014, 12:20 PM

Thanks Rob, I appreciate the listen.

I have to agree about the snare on Little Angel. I have been using KONTAKT for drums and haven't figured out how to split individual instruments (to their own tracks) yet so all my percussion is just on one stereo track. I did spend some time trying to tame the snare (it stuck out even more before) but I guess I don't quite have it under control yet. Tracking and mixing real Drums will be my next frontier after I feel like I've got a basic competence on everything else.

Tyrannosaurus Rox... I guess I need to be more careful about how I post because that's a playlist of songs that are not anywhere near complete and I didn't intend for any of it to be heard. But re: the guitar part, I used a factory preset I think that was called volcanic(?) though I tweaked a few settings to my personal taste. I think the original preset was intended to emulate the sound of Van Halen's Eruption.

I like your track. Your vocals remind me a bit of Colin Hay (Men at Work). Great sound and a great range--I wish I could belt out the high notes as well as you. Music was clean, straight forward and had a "not overproduced" feel to it. A good track; I could listen to that on the radio or in a club.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plethoraguy View Post
Thanks Rob, I appreciate the listen.

I have to agree about the snare on Little Angel. I have been using KONTAKT for drums and haven't figured out how to split individual instruments (to their own tracks) yet so all my percussion is just on one stereo track. I did spend some time trying to tame the snare (it stuck out even more before) but I guess I don't quite have it under control yet. Tracking and mixing real Drums will be my next frontier after I feel like I've got a basic competence on everything else.

Tyrannosaurus Rox... I guess I need to be more careful about how I post because that's a playlist of songs that are not anywhere near complete and I didn't intend for any of it to be heard. But re: the guitar part, I used a factory preset I think that was called volcanic(?) though I tweaked a few settings to my personal taste. I think the original preset was intended to emulate the sound of Van Halen's Eruption.

I like your track. Your vocals remind me a bit of Colin Hay (Men at Work). Great sound and a great range--I wish I could belt out the high notes as well as you. Music was clean, straight forward and had a "not overproduced" feel to it. A good track; I could listen to that on the radio or in a club.
thanks for listening, and the feedback :)

thanks for the info too on that T Rox sound, that riff idea of yours would make a great cross over daft punk kind of dance rock type track, but sorry for accidently intruding into your private tracks playlist, i hate people hearing my unfinished stuff too...lol
m-audio audiophile 24/96 soundcard
intel core i5 4440 3.1 GHz quad core CPU
asus B85M-E Motherboard
corsair vengeance 8GB DDR3 RAM
seagate barracuda 2TB 6bp/s HDD
thermalright 140BW true spirit CPU cooler
samsung dvd writer
corsair CX600 PSU
Old 08-06-2014, 05:46 AM

Hi everyone. Just picked up my Eleven Rack. Here's a little tune I'm working on using the DC Mod SOD patch with Superior Drummer 2.0 and the Andy Sneap Metal Machine expansion pack. Really having a lot of fun with this!

https://soundcloud.com/juancanteli/swedish-fish
Old 08-06-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobattery View Post
Hi everyone. Just picked up my Eleven Rack. Here's a little tune I'm working on using the DC Mod SOD patch with Superior Drummer 2.0 and the Andy Sneap Metal Machine expansion pack. Really having a lot of fun with this!
Sounds amazing man. It reminds me a bit of In Flames, heavy and a bit of beauty sprinkled throughout. Really well done. Great job.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-31-2014, 03:16 AM

Hi Guys,

Not been on the board for a while as I've been busy tracking and mixing my first EP. It's a 5 track instrumental and it rocks!

I still need a cool title and the art work sorting but that will be next month. If anyone has any suggestions for a title let me know.

https://soundcloud.com/m0rk/ep-here-sample

All the guitars were recorded using my DV Multiamp and I used the 11R as my interface. I still love my Orange box but the Multiamp is sick plus free updates

Andy
Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 AM

Hi guys! 11r gets crazy!!!!!!
https://soundcloud.com/cyco-roboter/...roboter-dyndyn
Regards!
Old 09-22-2014, 06:16 AM

Default ALL Eleven Rack tones Demo w/ X & Neil Zaza!!! \m/

Modern Gold Top Video - Featuring Neil Zaza

Last edited by udamann88; 09-22-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 AM

Default Re: ALL Eleven Rack tones Demo w/ X & Neil Zaza!!! \m/

Nice work X Good to see you here once again, Broseph.

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, well, it is likely due to the amount of manure being spread on that side of the fence." Cowboy Bob

Squaw Creek Road Studio

Bob
Pro Tools Ultimate (2024.3.1)| Pro Tools Carbon | Sibelius Ultimate (2024.3.1)
|
M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Mac OS 14.4.1| (Main Rig) |
3.6GHz 8-core 9th-generation Intel Core i9 processor iMac w/40GB RAM | 1TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.3.1 |

Avid Eleven Rack ERXP | Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X |

Old 11-05-2014, 05:44 AM

Allmost all guitars from 11R, few from Guitar Rig 5:

http://open.spotify.com/album/06W0hUPXnXzhpz4najVjWs
https://soundcloud.com/foolaprilband...ht-on-my-trail