Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Default Re: "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted"

I'm now seeing, in a full drum group, that one drum suddenly, after three or four record pass's, shows that it has three playlists while another drum in the same group has six playlists and yet another has five. Never have seen anything like this before 8.0.4. Anyone else seen this?
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 PM

I am 90% finished recording an album I've been working on for two years and have had no PT problems at all - until now. I have been following this thread and at first agreed that the problem didn't really seem to manifest at all. The other day I had a bass player from interstate record one great take in one pass with no playlists and on one single track.There were no problems with this file for about a week except for the warning message. A couple of days ago my publisher came over to hear how the album is going and loved this bass part. Yesterday it disappeared totally after the same warning message I've been getting since 8.04. I back up every day onto four external drives - two of which are only switched on to back up and then are deactivated while I work. The audio file is nowhere to be found - even on the dormant drives. This is like a bizarre virus - how has ProTools managed to delete a file from drives that are only connected for less than an hour a day? I spoke to one of the top producers here and he told me this has been happening to him for ages so he now works off his computer hard drive. This problem is now VERY serious!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:30 AM

Yup!
I have been backing up to a new drive and when I loose random stuff, I can pull it from that archived drive.
This is a major, major problem which they obviously don' t know how to fix.
I havent had a day off yet without clients but as soon as I do I plan to roll back .
Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyboy View Post
I am 90% finished recording an album I've been working on for two years and have had no PT problems at all - until now. I have been following this thread and at first agreed that the problem didn't really seem to manifest at all. The other day I had a bass player from interstate record one great take in one pass with no playlists and on one single track.There were no problems with this file for about a week except for the warning message. A couple of days ago my publisher came over to hear how the album is going and loved this bass part. Yesterday it disappeared totally after the same warning message I've been getting since 8.04. I back up every day onto four external drives - two of which are only switched on to back up and then are deactivated while I work. The audio file is nowhere to be found - even on the dormant drives. This is like a bizarre virus - how has ProTools managed to delete a file from drives that are only connected for less than an hour a day? I spoke to one of the top producers here and he told me this has been happening to him for ages so he now works off his computer hard drive. This problem is now VERY serious!!!
Try to find the file with spotlight search. It may have been allocated to another drive or folder and the session just lost track of it. If you can't remember the name maybe you can find it via creation time.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:43 AM

Hi!
I´m pretty new to this with bugs in Pro Tools..and this forum, so hi!
I upgraded from 7.1 (that I had from the beginning to 8.0.3 for like a week ago, and it worked really well in the beginning, but then all of a sudden
I´ve got this message "Disable autosave by unchecking "Enable Session File Auto Backup"
(located in the operations tab of the Pro ools Pref to avoid this error.

And so I did, but then I don´t get any backup files in the folder, so why should I want to do this step?
And after this, opening the same session I got THIS THREADS message and the files were gone from the session, but was found in the audio files folder....
Now I´m afraid to open other sessions, so I wont get this error in the other sessions!

Anyone of you having sessions, that works as they should do, and some sessions not?

From a nervous Pro Tools user....

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Try to find the file with spotlight search. It may have been allocated to another drive or folder and the session just lost track of it. If you can't remember the name maybe you can find it via creation time.
Yes I used Spotlight on all drives and also used Disk Warrior. I remember the name of the file - it was very specific and easy to remember.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWSPHX View Post
really, no giggles at all from this?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyboy View Post
I spoke to one of the top producers here and he told me this has been happening to him for ages so he now works off his computer hard drive.
What? Do you mean "system drive"? How is this a solution to your perceived problem? ff
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWSPHX View Post
really, no giggles at all from this?
how does smashing a printer fix pro tools?

It just helps you put the new cover sheet on your TPS reports.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FajitaTone View Post
how does smashing a printer fix pro tools?

It just helps you put the new cover sheet on your TPS reports.
But it doesn't make the triplicate copies, either....

I'm experiencing the glitch too...

But, I had a really wonnerful experience with lost region files just prior to installing 8.0.4, where random regions just went missing w/o a crash, restart or reboot.

Some were recoverable, some were not. Digi Support says it was sumpin' I did, even when I KNOW it wasn't.

So, is there a pattern here where Digi has an internal error dealing with the drive I/O subsystem and just isn't willing to admit it because of the panic it would cause - because that would mean a zero confidence factor in HD?