Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-13-2017, 05:41 AM

Default waves insert mapping got mirrored

Hey there,

I installed my ProTools on a fresh system, via EUCON I have a S3+Dock attached.

For some reason, now the insert-plugin mapping (of my waves-plugins) on S3 is mirrored horizontally. Means, that for example that when I Switch to insert-control, Band1 of the WNS is now the very right knob, the HighFreq is on knob No1.
How can that be? It seems that other third party plugs are mapping like I am used to it.
MTRX Studio, HDnative, RME UFX, Yamaha 01v96i, S3, S1, PT Dock, Nuendo 12
Old 09-08-2017, 01:51 AM

Default Re: waves insert mapping got mirrored

No idea?

It's still the same problem, my waves plugin knobs are in wrong order on my s3... It's so hard to work this way.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:05 AM

I re-installed EUCON, re-installed all waves, trashed PT-Prefs.
Still no success.

So I try it here once more with a bump. Anybody with a suggestion please? This is really a huge issue for me in daily mix work.

(the mapping order is screwed up only in ProTools, using waves and eucon in Nuendo (VST) the mapping is correct, as it used to be on my "old" PT DAW)
Old 10-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Avid

This has to be fixed on the Surface, it's not really Waves fault. Somewhere back before my time, the order of the knobs was decided (sometimes wrong) If you notice the DYN knobs are backwards but EQ is right. Waves have made their knobs look right on vertical strips, like S5, S6 and S5MC but they appear backwards on EuControl laid out horizontally. We have a task to switch the DYN and Inserts among other changes to make this better. Unfortunately, it will require some plugins to update their maps after. In the long run, it will be much better. I'm trying to push this through as soon as possible.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:15 AM

Thanks Eddie,

what does concern me is, that on my previous system everything was fine. This "wrong order" came up after a fresh install on a new PC. So that was just a coincidence?
And - as I said - on VST no problems at all...
Old 10-30-2017, 09:20 AM
Avid

The plugin maps are stored within the plugin. So I suspect on the new install you downloaded new versions of the plugins.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domilik View Post
Hey there,

I installed my ProTools on a fresh system, via EUCON I have a S3+Dock attached.

For some reason, now the insert-plugin mapping (of my waves-plugins) on S3 is mirrored horizontally. Means, that for example that when I Switch to insert-control, Band1 of the WNS is now the very right knob, the HighFreq is on knob No1.
How can that be? It seems that other third party plugs are mapping like I am used to it.
I remember that one of waves recent updates got this fixed, but after further updates seems broken again, using WNS is a mess this way...

April 19th, 2017

Version 9.91 across-the-board update of all Waves plugins.All plugins now have control mapping for Avid S3 and S6 control surfaces.H-EQ: New H-EQ Lite components that require less CPU and are well suited for live sound or when processing resources are limited. They do not include the Spectrum Analyzer and Analog sections.H-EQ: New Solo function - Any parametric band can now be soloed by touching its Frequency, Q, or Gain controls. This provides a momentary check of the band’s processing. For a latching solo of a band, click on its solo button.H-EQ: New Smooth feature which eliminates noises that can occur while controls are moved in certain older H-EQ versions. When a session with instances of older H-EQ versions loads, ‘Smooth’ will automatically set to Off. New instances of H-EQ in new or old sessions will load with Smooth On.Nx Virtual Mix Room: Support for up to 6 Nx Head Trackers at the same time.Nx Virtual Mix Room: Nx Head Trackers can be renamed from the WavesHeadTracker application. The name is permanent and saved on the Nx Head Tracker device itself.Nx Virtual Mix Room: The Head Tracker's status color is now also shown in the plugin's tracking device drop down menu.Waves Central 1.3.1.4: Support for installing version 9.91.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Avid

Unfortunately, some plugins were mapped backwards some forwards. We are adding more instructions for developers in the SDK to guide them in the right direction. We are also going to add an option to reverse the Inserts whilst this all gets straightened out. Waves are actually doing it right, once all the other plugin manufactures change theirs the pref will become permanent. This was due to the separate teams working on different EUCON surfaces (S5, S6, S5MC are correct), now they are all one, this will get sorted.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Unfortunately, some plugins were mapped backwards some forwards. We are adding more instructions for developers in the SDK to guide them in the right direction. We are also going to add an option to reverse the Inserts whilst this all gets straightened out. Waves are actually doing it right, once all the other plugin manufactures change theirs the pref will become permanent. This was due to the separate teams working on different EUCON surfaces (S5, S6, S5MC are correct), now they are all one, this will get sorted.
thanks for clarifying
Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Hopefully this can be fixed soon, intuitive controlling of (especially) "frequency-based" plugin-GUIs is nearly impossible this way.
It used to be so great having the WNS on the S3 faders before...

(PS: Hey Hugo, so nice to see you in "my" thread, remember our japanese-diver-mix in Berlin? :) )