Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2013, 05:11 PM
mmcl mmcl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 40
Default Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

How disappointing the PTIEP v1 does not upgrade to AIEP2. Come on, there is an obvious upgrade path there we are locked out of.

I feel completely scammed by Avid and the PTIEP. I spent hundreds of dollars thinking I was getting a supported set of VI plugs back in May, now its December and I can't use them in PT11.

With this bad taste in my mouth I want to at least look around before offloading any more of my hard earned cash on the AIEP. I use and quite like Strike, Structure & Hybrid. Can anyone suggest alternatives to these that are at least as good and as user friendly.

Thanks

PS: Is there a market for my PTIEP v1? Is there any charge to switch the iLok licence if I was to sell?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,343
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
How disappointing the PTIEP v1 does not upgrade to AIEP2. Come on, there is an obvious upgrade path there we are locked out of.

I feel completely scammed by Avid and the PTIEP. I spent hundreds of dollars thinking I was getting a supported set of VI plugs back in May, now its December and I can't use them in PT11.

With this bad taste in my mouth I want to at least look around before offloading any more of my hard earned cash on the AIEP. I use and quite like Strike, Structure & Hybrid. Can anyone suggest alternatives to these that are at least as good and as user friendly.

Thanks

PS: Is there a market for my PTIEP v1? Is there any charge to switch the iLok licence if I was to sell?
Hi

The update for PTIEP1 owners pay a measly $99 and not only will you get all the updated and better PTIEP you get LOOM ($199) and Vacuum Pro ($199) in the purchase of 99 USD so really you get an added value of $398 which is the two extremely great synths we wanted all along but felt it ws too much money, now we get 7 Awesome VI's for a $99 update which really isn't even a "thinker" here

There "might" be a small second hand market but don't expect to get more than 150 USD for it as a full update from having just Structure for instance to the Full 7 VI package is $149 so then it wouldn't make much sense to buy the PTIEP1 for hundres af dollars when you can get everything for $149 and you only need one of the older VI.

I wouldn't think about it as we were also a bit pissed off when we bought our PTIEP1 in march and now it was worthless on PT11HD but ... All good things comes to those who wait .. Alas we got all 7 VI including LOOM which were the only one we ever wanted asisde from the full PTIEP1 so yayyy to that deal

You need to get an email from inMusic with a code for the update prices as in this update you DON'T Surrender the old PTIEP1. You can email or call the support at AIR/InMusic and get that code if you haven't already. If you want the code and not have got it yet you have to be prepared to show recieps of your PTIEP1 purchase and proof of ownership if they can't see your registration. Have happened to others but not many.

You get a new Full pack with 50+ GB of NEW good and sometimes Great samples and for $99 it was worth the update 10 times over just for the fact we all get LOOM and VACUUM PRO

Best Of Luck
Christopher
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2013, 06:07 PM
mmcl mmcl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 40
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi

Tou need to get an email from inMusic with a code for the update prices as in this update you DON'T Surrender the old PTIEP1. You can email or call the support at AIR/InMusic and get that code if you haven't already. If you want the code and not have got it yet you have to be prepared to show recieps of your PTIEP1 purchase and proof of ownership if they can't see your registration. Have happened to others but not many.
r
My PTIEP was purchased through an AVID retailer, should this matter??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,343
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
My PTIEP was purchased through an AVID retailer, should this matter??
No that is no problem and if you have an ilok license and registered it at your Avid Account then AIR knows about that. The way we found out was thru an email this summer saying that we were eligble for the update. If you haven't gotten that email I would email them and ask for another. We lost our first email due to spam filters and got a new email with our code within an hour.

Best of Luck
Chris
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2014, 05:28 AM
mmcl mmcl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 40
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Thanks Southsidemusic,

You were bang on!

After a few emails and some confirmation of purchase I managed to get the discounted upgrade. My faith is restored, and well worth it. Though it did take 3 non-stop days to download the 60GB of data.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2014, 04:56 PM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,144
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
Thanks Southsidemusic,

You were bang on!

After a few emails and some confirmation of purchase I managed to get the discounted upgrade. My faith is restored, and well worth it. Though it did take 3 non-stop days to download the 60GB of data.
And besides the additions of Loom and Vacuum Pro...take note of some of the added features to the others, especially Transfuser and Strike.
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2019.10
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Southsidemusic's Avatar
Southsidemusic Southsidemusic is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Posts: 12,343
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcl View Post
Thanks Southsidemusic,

You were bang on!

After a few emails and some confirmation of purchase I managed to get the discounted upgrade. My faith is restored, and well worth it. Though it did take 3 non-stop days to download the 60GB of data.
Thats great to hear

We love the new sounds and well worth the 55-60GB download hassle

Best Regards
Christopher
__________________
Best Regards
Christopher

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2014, 11:55 AM
emgexclusive emgexclusive is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3
Default Re: Pro Tools/AIR Instrument Expansion Pack

I got the code and site keeps weirding itself out.....haven't been able to upgrade for the past month
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack GloryIsSilent Buy & Sell 6 12-15-2015 03:02 PM
Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack Now Available! NoiseRoom AAX Plug-ins 130 10-27-2013 02:30 AM
Do I need the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack? gavriil1 Pro Tools 10 25 11-23-2012 03:38 PM
Instrument Expansion Pack & Pro Tools 9.01 tsuliman macOS 7 02-13-2011 06:09 PM
Here It Is - Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack relaxo Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 1 01-12-2010 08:38 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com