Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-29-2005, 10:29 AM

Default HELP! Pro Tools crashes at \"Creating DAE Objects\"

Hello. I am new to this community. Please help if you can. I am at my wits end with Pro Tools. I have done everything the Digidesign website has told me to. But Pro Tools still freezes at "Creating DAE Objects". I have 3 projects waiting for me. I installed 6.4cs9, I did everything Digidesign said to do with Windows XP SP2. Should I just uninstall SP2?
Thanks...
2 gigs o' ram
Tiger
Old 04-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: HELP! Pro Tools crashes at \"Creating DAE Objec

Windows XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) introduced some new “Data Execution Prevention” features that are designed to prevent certain types of malicious code attacks. There are two components to these new features: software protections and hardware protections. When SP2 was released, very few pieces of hardware supported the hardware protections and we didn’t see any problems with Pro Tools.

The end user experience is that you install Pro Tools on a new machine, you launch it, and the machine reboots. The solution is to disable the “Data Execution Protection” features.

DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

Right-click "My Computer".
Select "Properties".
Select the "Advanced" tab.
Click the "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" category.
Under the "System startup" category, click on the "Edit" button, which will open the system startup parameters in Notepad. Change NoExecute=Optin or Optout to NoExecute=AlwaysOff.
Close window.
Click OK and say Yes to saving the settings and restart your computer.

If this does not resolve your issue, please let us know the processor and chipset type installed in your computer. You should also make sure that any RAID or SCSI controllers built onto the motherboard have been disabled from the BIOS.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: HELP! Pro Tools crashes at \"Creating DAE Objec

Well, the thing is... is that before I installed SP2, Pro Tools worked just fine. And I do believe I had the RAID enabled as well.

Also, is Pro Tools ever going to be compatible with Hyper Threading? I was using N.I Absynth with the Hyper Threading on, and it loaded up really quick. Now that its disabled, it takes a little bit to load.

One last question: I was reading in another forum about "The best computer to use"

Is Pro Tools compatible with a 64bit processor, and would a 64bit processor / 2.4gHz blow away my 32bit, 3.2gHz pc? Thanks...
2 gigs o' ram
Tiger