Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2000, 01:43 PM

Default two days of constant crashes

Help!!!
9500/newertech g3upgrade/233/205ram
2 external 9 gig cheatas
(one 8.5 gig partition each)
os8.1/PT 4.3.1
PT3 PCI
2 i/os
2 farms
3 882/20s

DAE error -9073 over and over.
the session will just start repeating one second of audio and then stop to tell me there was a DAE error -9073 blah blah blah...

I've tried to throw away my PT prefs, dae prefs, and digisetup.

I tried to adjust the memory.
Not sure what the good settings are for PT, DAE or the Dae playback buffer size.

Also, should I have this set to powermix?

The session I,m working on has quite a bit of tracks and automation already. I'm in mixdown right now(or trying to be...)

I was also told about clearing the Pram on startup. Haven't done that yet.

Any help in running this down for me would be greatly appriciated.
Jared3
Old 01-11-2000, 03:01 PM

Default Re: two days of constant crashes

Jared3

DAE error -9073 or "disk to slow" prompt usually indicates there's an issue with your hard drives though it could be something else as simple as a high playback buffer size or something specific to the session. The first place to check is your hard drive's for fragmentation with something like Norton speed disk and optimize them. If this doesn't work I then look to reinitialize the drives with FWB Hard Disk Tool Kit and perform a quick level format. General rule of thumb is that this quick level format should be done every month or so though some do it all the time and some end users don't do it at all.

Also confirm that the slave clock configurations are correct. (Slave out of interface A, routes to Slave in of interface B etc.).

If your using a lot of automation you might want to consider bouncing down tracks as well within the session and replacing the original regions with the new bounced file.

Make sure your drives are terminated

Also make sure your memory setting are as follows. Pro Tools preferred memory should be set to @30-50k. DAE preferred memory should be set to @30k-60+k. Pro Tools and DAE minimum memory setting should be left at it's default. You can confirm this by entering a zero into the minimum field and pressing enter on the keyboard, this will default the minimum memory setting. DAE's playback buffer size (Finder/DAE/File Menu/Set Playback Buffer Size) should be set to what hardware you own. In your case #0. The cache setting in the memory control panel should be set to 512k or lower.

Brad
Old 01-11-2000, 03:42 PM

Default Re: two days of constant crashes

We change to 1024 Disk Cache in Memory Control Panel and everything is OK.

Izabelin Studio
[email protected]
Poland

------------------