Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-24-2008, 09:52 PM

Default A Message But Not An Error Message

I'll say thanks in advance for any insights into something new that's just started happening. I'm running MP 7.3cs5 on a laptop, 3.06GHz with 2 gig of RAM, with an external 250 gig hard drive. I've been using the "Save Copy In" in order to save a different mix of a few sessions. Now, whenever I go to open a session, the original mix, I get this message...."The original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what's changed. Would you like so save a detailed report? No or Yes.." If I answer No, the message window closes and the session loads up. If I answer Yes, the window also closed and the session opened up. I don't know where the detailed report was saved or, what it is?? I don't know if I've messed something up, or this is the normal course of things. I've saved the copy in the same session folder as the original mix so when I open a session, I take one more step to open the link to the copy.. I'm hoping I'm concerned about nothing... Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:38 PM

Default Re: A Message But Not An Error Message

i get this message if i work on LE with a 002 and then continue working on M Powered with a ProjectMix, i just hit no and continue working.
What i do notice is that the I/O in the projects match the ones on the 002 and not the PMIO
i go and reset them on the I/O window and everything goes back to normal.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:21 PM

You're just getting this message because the original files from the original copy of the session are now technically located in a different place. When doing a "Save Copy In", Pro Tools creates a new session folder, thus, the audio files are now in a different location in the computer. This message is just alerting you of that. Nothing to worry about really.
Access Virus TI Polar :: M-Audio Profire 2626 :: UAD-2 Duo :: UAD-1
Old 01-27-2008, 06:57 PM

Thanks guys for the thoughts. Yellowjacket, I thought through the issue and came to the same conclusion as you. Thanks again.