Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2017, 02:48 PM

Default Re: 12.8 - Bugs Fixed (or not fixed) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatzer View Post
You think I'm being over reactive over a minor issue? If you paid for HD software for the last two years and haven't been able to use anything pass 12.4 because it doesn't work at all you wouldn't think this was a minor issue.

I'm talking about PT choking on running zero plugins, and just one stereo file. Not just one computer, but three completely different computers. Doesn't matter if it's a fresh install of the OS or Pro tools or all plugins removed or not installed at all. Uninstalled Cloud Collab, recommended OS tweaks by Avid, bios tweaks, brand new computer, old-gen computer, nothing matters it just doesn't work. I'm not paying another year for something I can't use.

I will download and try 12.8 tonight and tomorrow. If it works I'll cough up the money. If not, I'm done.
your original posting is that you cannot even run One Stereo File ... that does seem a little out of the ordinary - Right !!!

sorry, you took this the wrong way .. no harm was meant .. and i did say, a little mole hill .. but since you have many systems not working this is a different matter .. as usual we have no idea who any of us are or their experience with PT and computers .. and most times the Big Deals are not so big in the end .. that said ..

1) i have been in the HD world .. i understand that pain fully .. i chose to change that at PT9 - but if not i would be right there with a subscription - and if i need Surround for work again - i will be back in !!!
2) as far as your having many systems not running well, this is something of a tragedy .. i myself, do not know anyone that has this much trouble with more than one system ..
3) are all your systems PC's ??? do you have any MAC's ???

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-28-2017, 06:48 PM

No macs, three Windows 10 computers. One laptop and two desktop. One desktop is a 1st gen Intel machine and the other is a more up to date Skylake i7. The laptop is an AMD processor.

They all three work perfectly with PT 12.4 and below but as soon as I try any version after that it chokes up.

I've ran Pro Tools since version 7 and have never had anything like this happen especially across so many different computers.

I've tried different interfaces as well. Antelope Orion 32, Antelope Zen Tour, and two others i sold off Audient id14 and Focusrite Scarlett Gen 2. Same problem across all four interfaces.

I'm completely baffled on why this happens but it seems that I'm not alone with the 9173 errors.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatzer View Post
No macs, three Windows 10 computers. One laptop and two desktop. One desktop is a 1st gen Intel machine and the other is a more up to date Skylake i7. The laptop is an AMD processor.

They all three work perfectly with PT 12.4 and below but as soon as I try any version after that it chokes up.

I've ran Pro Tools since version 7 and have never had anything like this happen especially across so many different computers.

I've tried different interfaces as well. Antelope Orion 32, Antelope Zen Tour, and two others i sold off Audient id14 and Focusrite Scarlett Gen 2. Same problem across all four interfaces.

I'm completely baffled on why this happens but it seems that I'm not alone with the 9173 errors.
ahh .. PC .. is there a way to run PT on one of your machines without any interface .. like we can use the built in on a mac ???

this is god awful nasty .. wow ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 06-28-2017, 08:32 PM

You can install asio4all if you wanna try without interface and you need that software in order to try internal audio.

It is free and download here www.asio4all.com

Many users have this software and there is no weirdness or malware using it.

I would try and see what happens and if nothing else just unistall after you tested without hardware.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————