Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-10-2003, 01:59 AM

Default How to get the edit window to scroll?

How do I get the edit window to scroll along with the song while playing back in 5.1? When I expand the tracks' horizontal lenghts I have to keep pressing the arrow to follow along.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Matthew 6:33
www.NamesakeRecording.com
Old 06-10-2003, 03:13 AM

Default Re: How to get the edit window to scroll?

goto operations/scroll options and set it to "page scroll during play back".

(you only can get to that menu when a session is loaded)

Bastiaan
Old 06-10-2003, 06:50 AM

My question is if anybody knows a way to use the scroll button on my mouse to make the edit window scroll up and down when looking for a certain track?
Old 06-10-2003, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Calvin:
My question is if anybody knows a way to use the scroll button on my mouse to make the edit window scroll up and down when looking for a certain track?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have been looking for this feature too. I am not sure if there is a way. It sure would be nice to be able to use the scroll bar in both the edit and mix windows. The mix window is maddening to me. When you are working with your effects and sends, you cant see the track names, and when you are working with your tracks you cant see the plugs and busses. Pain in the hieney.
Also, I sure wish that digi would make the transport window changable to a vertical configuration to get it out of the way!!!
Old 06-10-2003, 02:20 PM

it's as simple as using the "page up" and "page down" buttons on the keyboard! you can even use "home" and "end" to go to the top or bottom of the tracks... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

screen resolution has to be at 768/1024 for PT. you can't change grid when in 800/600 for instance.

greettzz.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:13 PM

Thanks Rail, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] it was just the tip i was looking for ...
Quote:
There is no "live" scrolling with the scroll bars on the PC version of Pro Tools... the fastest way to find a track is to look in the Hide/Show window and Start+Click on the track name.. it will become selected and scroll into view.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">KaR from OskaR doublebass player
*************(O=)==*
*************EllllB
*************-(_O_)===#
Old 06-10-2003, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by freakofnature:
it's as simple as using the "page up" and "page down" buttons on the keyboard! you can even use "home" and "end" to go to the top or bottom of the tracks...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And here I always thought those other buttons were for receptionists... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Hey, thanks very much, freakofnature..... great tip. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 01:35 AM

In the edit window, I almost always turn on the Inserts, Sends and I/O views so I don't need to go to the Mix window nearly as often.

I'd like to know the keyboard shortcut to scroll the Edit window horizontally (left/right) as well as vertically (up/down). Only having the arrows (or thumbnail) in the scollbars is a pain.

Please tell us the secret! I just got my mouse to use the extra buttons for zoom in and out and that really helps!

R
Old 06-11-2003, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by silence_of_stone:
When you are working with your effects and sends, you cant see the track names, and when you are working with your tracks you cant see the plugs and busses. Pain in the hieney.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stone,
What’s your resolution set to? I have a big, gray, unused section of screen surrounding the bottom and right hand side of my mixer! I often wish I could extend it to reach from top to bottom.

-drew
Old 06-11-2003, 01:43 AM

There is no "live" scrolling with the scroll bars on the PC version of Pro Tools... the fastest way to find a track is to look in the Hide/Show window and Start+Click on the track name.. it will become selected and scroll into view.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••