Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-29-2001, 11:09 AM

Default Adaptec CD Creator Oddity

Anyone else have their CD burner spit out a disc, then take it back in before it tells you its done burning audio?

If anyone has figured out how to get it to stop... please let me know!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Adaptec CD Creator Oddity

nq,

Tell me about it. I never know if Adaptec will 'decide' to work properly or not. Yeah, it does the 'spit it back' thing from time to time on me, too. But, it always waits until it's at 99% complete.

Sorry, no solution at the moment. But, I'm watching for one witcha....

Roy
Old 11-29-2001, 12:54 PM

Mine does that too.

I try to give Adaptec the benifit of the doubt and presume it's checking the disc to see if it can recognize it when inserted as what it's supposed to be. Only then does it pronounce the disc finished.

A wild presumption of course. It only seems to happen on audio discs, or is that the other way around? I forget.

Steve
Old 11-29-2001, 07:51 PM

That is why I switched to using Music Match Jukebox for burning audio to CD. I went through alot of CDs on Adaptec ECDC and yes, it waited until it was 99% done. I don't use it for audio anymore. www.musicmatch.com

Allen
Old 11-29-2001, 08:05 PM

Hi,
I've never seen this. Granted I don't burn that many CDs, but not once.....

I didn't know I could use Matchbox Allen. Thanks for the pointer. I need to learn how to build the CD image in there though....

Take care,
MArk
Old 11-30-2001, 04:14 AM

Allen,

As you know, I have MMJukebox, but have not used the CD burner as yet. It's definitely a neglect thing on my part. It's more fun sometimes to just whine about Adaptec, I guess. But, I shall learn now!

Thanks, Roy

p.s. How are the new mikes doin'? Are you using them more than the old ones?
Old 11-30-2001, 10:47 AM

My Cd Creator works almost flawlessly... hardly ever have buffer problems.. like I used to w/ my old PC. But it does do that deal w/ the opening and closing tray. Doesn't really bother me that much though... I think it's just how it works.

chris
Old 11-30-2001, 12:15 PM

Mike,
Now maybe I'm understanding better. My CD Creator runs do spit out the CD, but I was thinking you're saying yours spits it out, and then pulls it back in before you can remove the CD-R. That's not what mine does...

Do you have both CD and CD-R drives? I have both. My experience is that it's spitting it out to allow you to test it elsewhere. Maybe if you only have a single drive it pulls it back in for testing?

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by oslpchris:
My Cd Creator works almost flawlessly... hardly ever have buffer problems.. like I used to w/ my old PC. But it does do that deal w/ the opening and closing tray. Doesn't really bother me that much though... I think it's just how it works.

chris
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-30-2001, 04:23 PM

No it does just like yours... it's opens the tray and pulls it right back in. I'm pretty sure they all do that. I only use one cd drive on my system. Which means I can't burn from one disk to another w/o copying to my hard drive first but I never have any problems w/ it. But YES! it does open the tray and close it right away... then it puts up the "CD Created Successfully" green text. Hope that helps

chris
Old 11-30-2001, 05:08 PM

It would be nice if there was I way I could diable this feature. Here's why

As dumb as it may seem- my CPU is in a cabinet. If i have the door closed when it spits out the disc, the CD tray forces the door open. Its quite taxing on the motor. I'm afraid it might push my cabinet door one too many times [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]