Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 10-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Default Pro-Tools M-Powered Essentials

Alright, I need help! Just picked up a IMac this weekend for my pro-tools.
Purchased the package from B&H. Came with the monitors and Producer WUB MIC. Awsome!! Not too awsome because I can't get my pro-tools to install.
My IMac is a MAC OSX 10.6.3, plenty of memory and RAM! Tried everything but it keeps giving me this error message "Error while installing. Contact the system admin" not sure what it is. Living in Japan it makes it hard to contact the state side for trouble shoots. The pro-tools icon will show up in my dock but will not launch. Redirects me to some site "Pace" or something like that...Anyway, didn't do a thing. What can I do to fix this?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools M-Powered Essentials

Hi,
I had the same problem with my macbook pro running OSX 10.6.4. I got the recurring PACE error aswell and installed the PACE software and it made not difference. I discovered because I was using Pro Tools M-Powered Essentials, I needed the Pro Tools Essentials M-Powered 8.0.3 update not the Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.4 update.
1. First you need to download and install the latest drivers for Mac for your hardware and restart your imac
2. Then you need to install Pro Tools don't start it, then download and install the 8.0.4 update for pro tools found here, you will need Pro tools Essentials 8.0.3 update if you have Pro Tools Essentials as the 8.0.4 update will not work I have tried this already:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=364971

3. Restart your imac after you have installed the update
4. Then when imac is restarted, start pro tools, you should either have pro tools open up and run as normal or get an error message.
5. If you get and error message copy it and paste it into a document and email it to support so they can help you.

I am going through a similar process myself. I have got to the stage of now getting pro tools to start but getting massive error messages I am emailing to support. As far as I can tell Pro Tools is running on OSX up to 10.6.2 now and support for higher versions of OSX beyond 10.6.2 is coming as I understand it usually if Pro tools runs on OSX 10.6.2 it can run on higher versions of OSX as it seems the main part of it working is the OSX 10.6 part not the 10.6.2, meaning the third digit in the OSX version does not seem to matter.

Last edited by gusax; 10-28-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: add more info