Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2018, 07:12 PM

Default Eleven Rack and POD X3

Just got my 11R the other day and was surprised to find that my POD X3 works amazingly well as a controller and didn't have to program anything. The tuner button brings up the tuner, the bank arrows changes banks, the patch buttons select 1 thru 4 of each bank and the delay, dist and mod turn on and off the effects. The wah and volume both work too.

The only thing I can't figure is how to assign something different to Tone 2 button which right now switches between Guitar and L&R inputs.

I searched through both manuals and can't figure out how to change assignments of a button. Worst case Ill deal with it as I'm just happy that it works. If anyone knows how to change the assignment I would appreciate it.

One last thing I have a old Digi02 that the FireWire doesn't work any more, is there a way I could make use of it again by connecting the spdif connector to the Eleven rack a d use it to add more inputs to the Eleven rack?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and POD X3

Using the 002, why yes you can.

http://archive.digidesign.com/suppor...d_with_002.pdf

Read the section "Using Digi 002 as a Stand-Alone Mixer"

That will let you do what you want but the 002 is old and clunky and not that great sounding.

---

Presumably you mean the Pod X3 Live... you need to read about it's MIDI CC programming capabilities, all the Eleven Rack MIDI capabilities are described in the Eleven Rack User Guide. I'm pretty sure the Pod X3 Live Pilot Guide/Advanced Manual tells you all there is about the CC out capabilities of the device. It is not uncommon to use a MIDI sniffer running on a computer to sniff what MIDI commands are being sent and do slow careful debugging to sort out what is going on with MIDI controllers.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-05-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Thank you, after reading that it looks like I would only be able to use two channels from the spdif connector and wouldn't be worth the real estate it would take up. Thank you again for the info.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabe23 View Post
Thank you, after reading that it looks like I would only be able to use two channels from the spdif connector and wouldn't be worth the real estate it would take up. Thank you again for the info.
Remember S/PDIF is two channel by definition, can never support more.