Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2020, 10:24 AM

Default Using my Yamaha RX-8 drum machine as a MIDI controller

Is there any way to use my old Yamaha RX-8 drum machine as a midi controller (to control Xpand2 to generate drum tracks)? I think I prefer the drum sounds in Xpand2 to those in my drum machine and I'd rather not buy an external controller. And using the built-in MIDI controller seems like a real pain.

I'm brand-new to Pro Tools, so I'll need detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Cross-posting this since I'm new here and don't know the best place to ask stuff like this.