Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-10-2020, 09:23 PM

Default Lock to Application alters on restart

Hey there,

I have noticed my Lock to Application settings change whenever I restart my system. Is that expected operation? Or is it potentially a bug? I want Entire Surface and Transport locked to Pro Tools, with the Monitor and Control room locked to DADman. It works great when I set it that way, but when I restart my system EuControl indicates that everything is locked to Pro Tools... including the Monitor and Control Room.

As a result, the monitor tab of Avid Control won't populate and the dock monitor control knob won't work unless I have DADman as the focused application... or until I go through and change the EuControl settings back to how I previously had them. I am running Pro Tools 2020.5, DADman 5.3.4.2 and EuControl 2020.6.1.3
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Lock to Application alters on restart

Same here. I want Surface and Transport locked to Pro Tools, and Monitor and Control Room Locked to MIO Metric Halo. 90% of the time I reboot, everything locks to Pro Tools, and I have to unlock, to go to PT, go to MIO, lock, go to PT, lock...
Old 10-20-2020, 01:07 PM

I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing this. I have been experiencing a similar thing on an S4 and S6 too, though there isn't the same 'lock to application' options, often the monitoring section on the desk won't work unless DADman is in focus on the computer.

I've opened a support case about it. Hopefully it gets ironed out.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:24 AM

LDS:

Ever since I posted here, my lock preferences have been restored perfectly every day when I boot up. EuControl 20.6.1.3, macOS 10.14.6. Nothing changed. But now it works!