Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 AM

Default Midi Input Port 'None'

Specifics:

PT8. 003. Vista, 3gb ram. No problems recording DI etc. Runs fine except,

Access Ti attached via Midi (alternatively Axon 100). Midi Setup can select either via drop down. Input/output ports listed 'None' Digi midi ports not listed.

Midi Light blinks when I play as signal getting to 003 but not into PT8.

Seems Midi i/o is not functioning.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Midi Input Port 'None'

same problem
Old 01-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Avid

Is the MMERefresh service running in the System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG)?

Does the 003 MIDI ports show up in the Device Manager?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 AM

Darn. Decided to connect and check the Rack on my quad4 Home PC, which I don't use for recording/music given its position and lack of portability. Imagine that. The Midi ports are correctly identified and show up in the Midi Setup drop down list for input and output port.

That means either the 4 pin firewire connector or the laptop system itself for some reason is not capable using the midi ports and the rack itself is fine.

I'll check the stuff the admin says, I'm at work now, but I know the ports do not show up in the device manager as I did some trouble shooting there. But, as my laptop has a ExpressCard Slot, I'm gonna buy an expresscard 6 pin firewire interface, there about 90 bucks, and see if that fixes the issue. If not, I can return it to the store, but if it does fix it than I'll probably save alot of time than hunting down dlls and configuration issues.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM

Well, no luck with a Express card.

MMRefresh is running.

No Digidesigns Midi ports listed in device manager. Is there a way to add in another way?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Interesting... I just posted a thread in the PT LE for Windows section about the same exact problem, except I have a 002R and am running XP Pro, SP 3. The issue appeared when I installed the PT 8.0 upgrade (download version) today. Everything was AOK running the same exact system under PT 7.4. The thread, including my system details, can be found here:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=235792
35 Tripp Street, Studio 4
Framingham, MA 01702
Phone: 508.370.3811
Email: [email protected]
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 AM

Hmmm. I did attempt an uninstall of 8 to 7.4, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. If you revert to 7.4, does you midi return also?

In any case, I haven't any clues to fixing it. Not sure if direst tech support from Digidesigns would help? Got a new amp yesterday so I did'nt call in as I had planned.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:35 PM

Gene, yes reverting to 7.4 returned all operations to normal. I'm up and running on a current project and all is well.

I had made an Acronis disk image, as suggested, before installing 8.0, and in addition had set a Restore Point in XP Pro, but I was able to get back to 7.4 without resorting to the Acronis image, just because I was curious if I could.

I used the uninstaller to remove PT 8.0, then reverted my system to the restore point I had created. I had to run the 'repair' module from the 7.4 installer to make everything happy, and then still had to reinstall a couple of things manually - Xpand, Structure, the Joe Meek stuff and TL Space - but I got there pretty quickly. So there is hope of going back even if you don't have a system backup. Probably a good idea to make one before trying again though.

I'll get back to trying to get 8.0 up and happy again later this week, once I wrap this current project tomorrow, and will keep you posted with any learning there is to be had.

Cheers,

Jeff
Framingham, MA 01702
Old 01-07-2009, 02:38 PM

BTW... I normally would have waited for 8.1 before jumping in to avoid the inevitable productivity hit with a .0 release, but there's so much good stuff in v. 8 that I'm determined to suck it up this once and get it going. Technology lust is alive and well.

J~
Framingham, MA 01702
Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 PM

same problem with windows xp SP3. no midi input. just midi output selectable.
pt8 and 7.4 have the same problem.